Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I don’t think that works with my independent pharmacy. But I’ve gotten a couple of “tide me over” pills without a prescription.

I have a friend who’s had to beg pharmacists to sell him insulin. “But i can’t run this through your insurance”. He’s an IT professional, and can afford to pay for an extra month of insulin here and there, but it’s been a challenge to him to keep it in stock, due to the vagaries of the US healthcare system.

My favorite. In Kansas they are just called peanut butter patties, google says it’s because they are made by a different bakery. Still good!

Kroger only had chicks Peeps. No bunnies.

I’ve never seen peanut butter patties or tagalongs. Must be a US thing.
they look good, maybe I’ll try making some.

I am polishing the second draft of my SOA speculative fiction submission (deadline is in two days).

I do not like my story, or the direction it decided to take, and I am not excited to submit it, but I will! Too late to start over.

3 Likes

:popcorn: :open_book:

2 Likes

Set up Apple Pay on my phone this weekend so I can send money to my son when he’s out and about instead of giving him cash or having him rely on temporary loans from friends.

Now i MUST have a passcode on my phone. it’s soooooo irritating.

I do not like my story, or the direction it decided to take, and I am not excited to submit it,

Dunning Kreuger Effect:

Some researchers also include the opposite effect for high performers: their tendency to underestimate their skills.

1 Like

Buy a burner.

Annoyed. Son’s gf wants an old coleman gas lantern for their birthday tomorrow. I finally find one and picked it up today, 60 bucks and an hour round trip.
And…it doesnt work. A couple hours on google and its a part inside the lantern that needs a specialized tool to fix. Tool costs like 100 to get it shipped here.
So now im messaging people on facebook trying to find one for 100 bucks tonite.
Geesh, i did say ‘ill take it if it works’.

1 Like

One of my girlfriends is out of luck because her teenage daughter’s facial structure is so similar to hers that her teenage daughter’s face unlocks my friend’s phone. Of course the flip side is that she can unlock her daughter’s phone too, but she has the passcode for all her kids’ phones, so that only makes it slightly faster.

They really need to go back to fingerprints. So much better than facial recognition!

my older daughter & wife have a similar situation.

1 Like

Geez, the dishwasher did a terrible job on my cold brew pitcher (wash by hand, then put a few glasses away). It did a terrible job on this plate too. And look at that knife! Wait… why is there detergent in the detergent dispe… crap… this dishwasher was never run… that’s why everything looks dirty. Crap… what have I put away so far???

6 Likes

Ah, buying old stuff. Every once in a while you get a great buy, and that’s a good high to ride. Often things like this happen to me as well. Feels like things are fine and then I have to spend however many hours repairing things.

1 Like

:swear: I had to run the dishwasher 3 times last week for the same dishes, even though I pre clean most of the dishes (not enough that I would want to use them, but getting some stuff off). First time at the end I still found the dishwasher tablet, mostly intact. Clearly I must have but a pot in so that the detergent cup didn’t open properly. So I rearranged things, put in a new tablet just in case, and reran it. Exactly the same thing happened, which amazed me since I thought in the revised load nothing could be in the way. So I did it a third time, with no issues. I’ve run it since then, twice I think, with no issues. Good, since one possibility was not a block but something wrong with the detergent cup.

3 Likes

My surgery was 36 days ago. Claim was submitted to insurance 20 days ago, it has not yet been approved by insurance, still going through reviews I assume (not sure how this works but the billed amount is over $100k, I assume they have some kind of checks and reviews in place for larger claims?).

In the meantime, claims for other family members that occurred after my surgery are being processed, and, because my claim is pending, our deductible hasn’t been met, so we have spent so far more than $500 more than we would have if the claim had been approved within a week of when it was received. (Have had around $650 in claims, would have been subject to 20% if my claim had already gone through, but since it hasn’t, we pay 100%).

If we spend another $3k in medical bills this year, it comes out in the wash, but that’s unlikely, so I’m very annoyed.

6 Likes

I didn’t have any coffee yesterday, so I ended up with a headache.

1 Like

I’m not on the payer side, but in my experience yes, the time it takes to pay a claim varies directly with the billed amount.

2 Likes

I ran through something similar last year. I have one kid with 2ndary insurance. Primary kept reprocessing claims (subtracting off claims, then redoing them) and every time they did it meant extra oop. What was extra annoying was that all the reprocessing would be for changes of just two or three dollars, but cost me a whole lot more.

2 Likes

About 5 years ago I had a different problem with processing. Injured in a car accident, which made the no fault primary up to the no fault limits. That meant some items which medical would not be willing to pay still covered, up to the no fault limit. Unfortunately, I could not control which was paid when, so many expenses which would have been covered by medical went against the no-fault limit, leaving some later expenses not covered by medical covered by neither.

2 Likes