Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

in hotel, woke up during the night, needed water, didn’t notice housekeeping took the old glasses and left fresh ones. Upside down, until i started pouring

2 Likes

I thought one gallon of paint would do for the bathroom. Looks like what I actually need is about 1.1 gallons. Paint store is closed today.

4 Likes

Had a problem with one of my eyes crop up over the weekend. Got in to a doctor on an emergency basis fearing it was a possible detached retina. Good news is that it wasn’t. Bad news is that my problem is permanent / not correctable.

5 Likes

Not only that, but now you’re going to have to pay for 0.9 gallons of paint that you don’t really need & will probably never use but don’t want to dispose of because you just might need it some day so there it will sit in the can in your garage or basement. Years will go by and at some point you’ll re-crack open the can only to realize that it wasn’t properly re-sealed in the first place and you’ve been holding on to a bacteria-growing-clump of dried up paint that’s been taking up valuable storage space where you could’ve had a few jars of dill pickles instead.

That escalated quickly.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. We’ve done a lot of painting here and I have about two dozen cans of various paints and stains and polyurethane and what not. Much of it will likely go unopened for years and years.

There are only two colors used in more than one room: bleeker beige, and white dove. Give me another 26 years and all of the white paint in the house will match.

1 Like

You could just get a quart and still have a bit left for touchups

2 Likes

A quart costs 0.5-0.75 of what a gallon costs. What a ripoff!

Yeah but you save space in the used paint shed. It’s a tough call.

3 Likes

You make a great point.

We have so many cans of dried up paint in our garage…

1 Like

Yeah. I might be fudging about needing just 0.1 gallons, it could be 0.2. If it was just for touch-ups down the line I’d get a quart. But it isn’t much more for a gallon and then I know 100% it will suffice for now and later.

We have some niches that will become shelves next to the tub. They are painted a different color and we may use that color for an accent elsewhere in the room, and I did just get a quart of that.

1 Like

On the phone with the water company.

“Your hold time is expected to be less than 6 minutes”

Timer on phone: 9:45, 9:46, 9:47…

& click & &fast beeping signal

Godammit

1 Like

Just had a meeting on website layout and some disagreement over some stuff. The general consensus, ‘people are stupid’ needs to be the base assumption.

Then i spent twenty minutes screwing with linux to get my second monitor working only to find that it was unplugged.

I concede the point.

3 Likes

work trip last week M-F. left home at 5am monday and arrived back at 1am Saturday.

came home from the week exposure run down and now on day 4 of being sick w something. have not tested for covid bc I should be within my 90 day of prior covid. likely just head cold or whatever.

3 Likes

I realized this morning that my dog’s poop bag holder that was attached to the leash fell off during a long walk we took yesterday

1 Like

Don’t expect you got as far as the Phila suburbs, which would have been quite the long walk. I saw one on the ground yesterday.

1 Like

I fell and hurt my foot yesterday. Didn’t realize it was actually hurt until after 8:30 last night. Went to urgent care today & they said, “Did it happen at work?” Um yes. “We need your workers comp info.” Um…

So I went home.

I still don’t have the form I need from HR.

And it’s all so annoying. I just wanna know if it’s broken or sprained. It wasn’t the fault of my employer that I fell. Sometimes things just happen.

Thankfully it doesn’t hurt much if I’m not trying to walk.

1 Like

So they won’t diagnose it until they have the WC info?!?! …or am I just reading that incorrectly?

They won’t see me and bill it to insurance. I suppose they might see me and let me self pay but, dang it! I’ve met my deductible this year.

I could go to the ER but

1. Not sure I want to expose myself to the virus of the day
  2. Daughter was misdiagnosed with a “not broken” foot a few years ago that took far too long and two surgeries to fix.
  3. If WC is supposed to pay and my medical won’t, I could still be stuck with the bill. Bc for WC I have to go to a certain provider. I think. I don’t know for sure bc the HR person has not given me the info.
  4. I don’t think it’s an emergency.
1 Like