Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

So, when you do your self-eval put crummy stuff in there and see if it affects your raise/bonus:

My accomplishments in 2022:

I got seven badges at GoA
I successfully installed an automatic mouse/keyboard activator so it looks to the remote monitoring program that I am working more than I am
I successfully moonlighted for our direct competitor, doing projects during work hours for them.
I finished the entire Final fantasy video game series on the Play Station during work hours.

2 Likes

Annoyed thought:

My lower back tightened up after the gym on Saturday. It was fine all morning. Around 1 pm I sat down to watch some TV and when I got up 45 mins later it just seized up. Been like that for two days now. Bending over or getting in and out of a chair is brutal.

2 Likes

I empathize; back and neck pain is the worst. Stretch as much as you can. Especially your IT bands and your psoas muscles.

Other things that will help:
*hot Epsom salt bath (at least a cup of Epsom salt, more if you have a large tub, water as hot as you can stand, soak for as long as you can)
*anti-inflammatories
*muscle relaxers
*narcotics
*CBD oil
*massage
*chiropractic / osteopathic adjustment

Good luck!

Got some stronger pain relief, finally can get some sleep. Glad I already had the day scheduled off, I am flying high right now.

I’ve almost blown through my entire deductible for the year over the last two months, thanks to my ailing shoulders. Carrying the weight of the world finally caught up to me.

3 Likes

Have you tried antiinflammatories? If the nerve is pinched, opening up the space a little could help. I’d the strongest nsaid i had in the house to see if that helped at all.

Yeah, I do have some Aleve liquigels and those were definitely more effective than Tylenol (which I typically reach for first because I can take those on an empty stomach and they do more for my pain in general, I wasn’t thinking about inflammation thing until I started googling), but for the first 24 hours it really did nothing at all, nothing did. Ugh, I never want to feel that way again, it was just torture.

1 Like

I was out and about today, so I ended up actuarializing at a different sbux today. It was cold inside, I ate a perfectly meh spinach and egg white wrap, and there was not a single insignificant signal. Me annoyed.

1 Like

Maybe they’re playing hard to get.

The barista did say, “Here’s your wrap, (real name).”, but it didn’t move me, IYKWIM.

1 Like

George: I think it moved.
Jerry: Moved?
George: It may have moved, I don’t know.
Jerry: I’m sure it didn’t move.
George: It moved! It was imperceptible but I felt it.
Jerry: Maybe it just wanted to change positions? You know, shift to the otherside.
George: No, no. It wasn’t a shift, I’ve shifted, this was a move.
Jerry: Okay, so what if it moved?
George: That’s the sign! The test; if a man makes it move.
Jerry: That’s not the test. Contact is the test, if it moves as a result ofcontact.
George: You think it’s contact? It has to be touched?
Jerry: That’s what a gym teacher once told me.

1 Like

Why do I get hit up for feedback EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I patronize… any business at all?

It’s not possible to buy something these days without getting solicited for feedback.

Guy comes to service the HVAC, feedback requested. Get my hair cut, feedback requested. Order from Amazon, feedback requested. Terminix guy comes, feedback requested. It’s incessant.

If I ever provide feedback the only thing I say, usually, is to stop requesting feedback. But it never works.

And if you don’t give them a “10” they’ll call you up and harass you to find out why…because a 9 is a failure!!!

1 Like

I hate when people are out of the office and don’t bother canceling meetings they organized, specifically 1:1’s. There are days I only go into the office because I have a coffee set up with someone. And then I find out they’re out of the country for two weeks and didn’t bother to let me know so I could free up my calendar. I always cancel or reschedule meetings when I’m out.

3 Likes

I have some crusty/scabby boogers that cause my nose to whistle when I breathe.

1 Like

sounds like it’s time for you to stop breathin!

2 Likes

I have a Chromecast that I don’t use very often, mostly when on vacation when I want to stream things I already subscribe to. My main TV is a smart tv so I don’t typically use it at home.

Somehow I misplaced it. Have spent a while looking for it, no dice. It’s possible but unlikely that I left it at a vacation rental.

Debating whether I want to spend even more time looking for it, or whether I should just buy another one given that they cost $20 right now.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

So, so, so, SO incredibly rude and irresponsible and selfish.

1 Like

I play Clue on my switch (does anyone else play and want to be my friend and play online together?? It’s fun and addictive). Tonight, I had three rolls in a row too small to get me into a room.

Still won the game, somehow.

1 Like

I’m a little high, have been taking the narcotics to help me sleep through my pain, so apologies for any loopiness.

2 Likes

I went to the deli to pick up some stuff for the house. The store next door had a sign in the window saying, “Please don’t park in front, parking for XYZ customers only.” **** you, **** you very much store. :unamused: