Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I realized I didn’t really clarify enough, so I edited my remark accordingly.

I wish it was Gunsmoke, Bonanza, on and on. I could actually handle that. My oldest (now 22) might cry uncontrollably when Bonanza came on, though - when he was little, his grandfather would sit in the recliner with him and take a nap, so the theme music playing was always the sign that it was nap time.

My mom is older than that, and for her it’s game shows. Endless game shows.

my mother is also older than that. not sure if she has any specific tv station she’s glued to.

Nah - you were plenty clear. I was just funnin’.

For my Father-in-Law, especially around the holidays, it’s Hallmark movies.

I don’t get it at all.

That sounds really awful.

Mrs. Fleeble likes Hallmark movies as well - I guess it’s that warm and fuzzy vibe that makes them popular

when i go to my parents house, i insist on watching msnbc 24 hours a day and my mother leaves the room to not have to see that constantly. i’d think she would be more on board with that, but i was wrong.

this was prior to my having cable. i might be amenable to watching other things when i’m there for thanksgiving.

My grandma really liked them, and that was fine - she was my grandma. My father-in-law likeing them is just weird.

If it’s MSNBSleaze I feel sorry for you.

MSNBC is the best!

my favorite Rachel Maddow is in quarantine though and therefore her show has a sub. She needs to come back for it truly to be the best again.

I’m glad it’s not Newsmax or OANN.

Most wasps yes, but some are pretty decent. Some wasps aren’t aggressive, and some even do some pollinating.

It’s the stupid fungus gnats that ended up in my houseplants that annoy me the most. It’s cooled off enough that they’ve gone back to sleep for the winter. I don’t know what I’m going to do next spring though. They come back. They always come back.

I had to take my father to and from knee replacement surgery this week. Yesterday I was helping him pick up his pain medication after discharge from the hospital. For some reason, there seems to be an extreme shortage of that particular medication. I finally found it at the 6th pharmacy I checked. Driving around with a 79 yo man one day post surgery who was getting his pain meds way later than needed was a major PITA. Why prescribe something for pain that no pharmacy seems to have?

I wouldn’t expect docs to keep track of what medications are available - did you try checking with them to see if there were alternatives?

was it an opioid?

It was Percocet.

If we hadn’t found a place soon, we would have had to call the Doc to request something different. I don’t expect Doctors to know inventory at all times, but if any received a call from a patient indicating the medication was not available I would hope they would not prescribe it without further research

Another annoying thing: he was supposed to have received his next dose at 4pm. The hospital said they had a policy of not giving out pain meds to anyone that would be leaving soon, and we were leaving right around 4. So he wound up not getting any meds until around 8pm.

Did you drive to all 6 pharmacies? After the first 1 or 2 I probably would have called first.