Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Because of bullshit societal rules.

2 Likes

My eyes popped open at 6:30 this morning. Me tired.

1 Like

The only food I’ve ever got delivered was pizza or Chinese food. And usually only when it’s shitty out.
We’ve ordered out from other places, but we always go pick it up.

Side note on the Uber Eats. Who’s fault was it? I don’t know how it works. How does the order get to the restaurant? Right from the app? Or from the app to UE then they send it to the restaurant? Did UE order the wrong thing? Did the restaurant screw it up?

And what kind of QC check does the driver do? Aren’t all the packages “sealed” with a sticker or something?

It was definitely the fault of the restaurant, the order slip was correct but the food inside was not. The driver isn’t expected to open any bags, and I wouldn’t want them to. But, Uber Eats is responsible for being the face of the transaction, so when things go wrong, they’re being paid (far too much, IMO) to make it right. I don’t feel that they take making it right very seriously.

Same. I actually looked for a psychologist to get a diagnosis before I took my last exam (after a long break). But I couldn’t find anyone on my insurance who could help me. After I passed my exam it didn’t seem necessary to get diagnosed. But there are days…

I woke up just before midnight, then around 3. It’s gonna be a long day.

1 Like

I saw 11:50, 1:05, 1:55, 2:20, 3:45, 4:05, 5, 5:35 on the alarm clock during the night. Finally got up around 6.

3 Likes

I have never used Uber Eats or Door Dash. Just too cheap most of the time. I have used McAllisters delivery and something is wrong with my order almost every time and they never correct it or refund my $. One time they advertised free delivery and they charged me for it and got my order wrong. I did notice they charged me for delivery but I had already told my family I was ordering lunch and I didn’t want to make it a thing. But when my order was wring I did complain and they…did nothing.

Pizza places seem to be the only ones who do delivery well around here.

You win! Did you nap between those times or were you awake all night?

I float in and out of slumber all night, most nights. But I can probably count on my two hands the number of times I’ve slept through the night without waking up in the past 35 years. (Not passed out drunk. There’s a bunch of those :wink: )

Waking up before the alarm goes off is for suckers. :frowning:

every morning for me

setting an alarm is for suckers

Last time I bothered to look, I compared DoorDash vs Uber Eats vs just ordering from the restaurant and picking it up myself. DoorDash was cheaper than Uber Eats, but it was something like $18 cheaper (for three people) to just order direct. I haven’t used any of these apps in many months. The fees got a little bit crazy, and then they started also adding $$$ to the menu prices, ugh. My city is small, I can just pick it up in like ten minutes or less.

1 Like

I don’t know how you function. I need my solid 8 and most of the time I get less than 7. I am struggling today with less than 5.

Yeah, I try to keep enough “easy” meals on hand that I only get take-out when I’m out & about anyway, so no problem to pick up. And then it’s dictated by where I am more often than not.

If I’m already home and I don’t feel like cooking, throwing a frozen pizza or fish sticks in the oven isn’t any harder than going through the online ordering process, and risotto or pasta in the instant pot is only slightly harder. We pretty much always have spinach for salads (our salads are not very inventive) and we certainly always have a variety of frozen vegetables on hand. So I basically have no need for delivery. Unless I’m sick and out of groceries at the same time. Then I suck it up and pay for Amazon Fresh or whatever it’s called.

1 Like

That reminds me that I have Uber Eats credit.

Yeah, Wed night is the night when everyone in our house is on their own and we typically do fast food. I got home late and just heated up leftovers from the day before. Good since I already had a high sodium lunch & I’m trying to watch that.

Eta: Risotto in the instant pot… Must google.

This is what I do more often than not.

I probably use the same garlic-infused oil for both though!

1 Like