Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

If they don’t catch any fish, lobster guy gets them drunk and he juggles chainsaws to keep their spirits up.

1 Like

In Minecraft, i routinely catch fish with a sword. :wink:

I thought it was for the ritual circumcisions

1 Like

i’m more curious about catching the fish with the plastic bags, honestly.

in this week’s episode of annoying recruiters:

some guy hits me up on LinkedIn, wants to connect, says he works in my field. Fine, your clients all seem to be tech rather than insurance, but you’ve got a couple of recent posts where you say you’re looking for an actuary, so what the heck, can’t hurt to expand the network, right?

Your “schedule now” link takes me to a page where there are like 20 different options to schedule for times, I’ll call you / you’ll call me, whatever. I picked one for this morning for 15 minutes where he calls me.

It’s now 30 minutes past that time and no call. I guess you really didn’t want that commission after all.

1 Like

Just as I opened the garage door yesterday, my neighbour’s cat came bolting in and startled me!!!

also annoying - my yogurt was too close to the chilling component in the fridge and is now frozen. now I gotta wait another hour to enjoy this peachy goodness!

Another fluffhead?

2 Likes

Nah, we spoil Chopper, so he comes over to visit a lot! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

The last few years, I have developed spring allergies. Not as bad as in the fall, at least.

2 Likes

So like three months ago, I went to Ace and got a gallon of Simple Green concentrate and a new spray bottle. I was 100% sure of this, and I still have the spray bottle and it is the Ace brand, check. I bought it primarily to clean my shower, and the spray bottle was in my vanity.

Recently, the spray bottle was almost empty so I tried to refill it. Went looking for the gallon jug of concentrate. Not in my vanity, not in the laundry room where we often store cleaning products, not in the mechanical room, not in my son’s bathroom, not in the garage. I checked them all again. And again. Was seriously questioning my sanity.

Finally asked my wife and she said that when we were doing the bath remodel she shoved a bunch of stuff in a hall closet. Yep, there it is.

1 Like

The red marks from the bandage adhesive is more striking than the bruise from the trainee’s needle stick. I always request wrap instead of a band aid but I think they used band aids since they used wrap to secure an ice pack to my arm. I’m annoyed regardless.

Are you allergic to the adhesive? I am, and it used to give me a very colorful rash that itched and lasted for days. I request a different type of adhesive, now. (Wrap is fine, too. So are otc bandaids.) It’s a more serious problem when they want to stick electrodes on me, as they do to monitor heart, etc.

It looks like I’m sensitive to it, although the bandage on my finger to check hemoglobin doesn’t bother me. It’s faded but still red.

Someone sent an email to a huge group by mistake. No worries, we can just ignore it. But no, 360 people on the list have to reply all asking to be taken off the list. I need a hit man to take care of these fluff heads. I guess we need mandatory email courtesy classes now.

3 Likes

:iatp: ^1000

I hate reply all with a passion.

actually, 360 people replied all to be taken off the list - pretty sure a few other just replied to sender to do that as well

1 Like

Thankfully, I haven’t dealt with that in a long time. My favorite was when people would hit ‘reply all’ and tell everyone to stop hitting ‘reply all,’ and then someone else would do the same thing, and thanks, now I have like 60 emails to delete.