Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Any such “food item” would be killed with fire and then tossed into the compost bin!!! :-1:

Isn’t smelling burning toast the sign of a stroke?

I rewatched the last of us episode 1 and there was an important plot point regarding raisins

Next door neighbors cookie dough got you infected but because Sarah, Joel’s daughter, didn’t like raisins (she was hoping for chocolate chip) she didn’t eat any.

Joel also would have usually eaten the cookies but he had just started the Atkins diet

2 Likes

I don’t think stroke victims see a puff of black smoke coming out of the toaster oven. :grimacing:

And I had to open the kitchen window just to make sure the smoke detector didn’t start blaring!!!

1 Like

That sounds like a severe stroke to me. Might want to have it checked out.

4 Likes

Having a few technical difficulties, so having to delay this year’s RPS tournament by a day… :sigh:

… but that means there’s still time for y’all to sign up!! Join us here: March Madness 2023 (a.k.a the annual Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament)

1 Like

Sign up, sing up, sine up, cosine up…don’t miss out on the best tournament of the year.

1 Like

We blew past our HD space on our file server, so I drove to the data center and installed two new drives that were twice the size.
Three weeks later I’m getting the messages again. We’re low on file space, again. And that’s with the computer that’s doing the video rendering keeping the files on an external drive instead of on our file server - which makes me nervous because it’s not backed up about three ways from Sunday.
So I’ve had to order,again, two more newer bigger drives, and I’ll have to blow the good part of a day going to the data center again.
Video files are a complete pita with cloud based file storage. Files are enormous and they take forever to move from PC to cloud to another PC.

3 Likes

OK, now responding in Annoyed Thoughts for an unexpected reason. I did get to try the mint brownie blizzard today. Wife and daughter were getting blizzards for everyone in the family. What a disappointment. Nowhere near as good as an oreo mint blizzard. Brownie bits were sort, mushy, not much taste. Avoid like the plague, IMO. (Oreo mint blizzards remain recommended.)

2 Likes

I am pretty impressed with the pumpkin pie blizzard, which is of course seasonal, but that is the only blizzard I can recall in my adult experience that was as good as I had hoped.

I wish I could unpin posts on here. I do not want to see the RPS thread every time I open the page, the title and preview are long, and it takes up a lot of space, almost half the screen on my phone.

1 Like

I’m on my phone… not sure how it’d work from a computer. But from my phone I can unpin things after the last post. See screenshot below where I unpinned the March Madness thread.

1 Like

Admittedly…I did not look very hard into how to fix my annoyance.

1 Like

My dog is being needy and acting as if she’s never been played with. Now she’s moping.

1 Like

@Echo: Is Daddy not giving you enuff attenshuns???

I was out of coffee this AM so I made a quick run to the grocery store. I was buying nothing other than coffee. Being early on a Sunday, there were not many shoppers in the store. As a result they only had 2 checkout lanes open: one regular, and one for 10 items or less. I head to the 10 items or less and some douchenozzle has placed an entire cart worth of items on the belt. He wasn’t a couple of items over, it was a full cart.

The management could see a couple of us were highly annoyed so he helped us check out at the front desk.

2 Likes

I will say that I have witnessed the checker in the “X items or less” lane call over an honest shopper with more than X items who was standing in a different line… if and only if the X items or less line is empty.

I have also witnessed douchenozzles with way more than X items get in the X items or less line because rules are only for other people.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

sunday brought another chance to get it right.

-post March 2nd, the prior auth (“PA”) wasn’t in so the script was not to be covered.
-called PBM and was told i could go fill it, pay cash, and then submit a paper form once the PA was received. went back inside…
-explained the plan. they said “great.” but we don’t have the generic and are not sure if insurance will cover the name brand. the computer won’t tell them bc the lack of PA blocks them from checking easily. also, they haven’t seen any generics since mid january and no clue when getting more.
-back to car for a call. explain to PBM rep the situation. he says we can get a “one time” over ride but he needs the supervisor to do it. puts me on hold. checks back a few times. around minute 8 of being on hold the call disconnects. they do not call me back in the next few minutes. so i call them back.
-new CSR at the PBM says he can see the notes and will put me on hold to get the super to override. I asked if they could do that and just leave a note in the secure portal. he said no, i need to be on hold. I asked why my hostage-like waiting is required - there’s no interaction w me, no security questions, etc. He replied that since they were doing me a “favor” in getting the override that my space on hold was needed. I cautioned him - strongly - not to use the term “favor” to me or any other member when discussing such workings. Call it something else, ask around to find a new word. He said he could get me to the supervisor in under a minute and pass the call to them. I said “fine.”
-Supervisor gets on, Reads through. I ask her about the override for brand name vs generic and explain the local pharmacy doesn’t ever see generic anymore it seems. Supervisor grants a blanket override, waives PA for now (form sent to provider’s office).
-I drop off the script back at the location, they say it went through fully covered without a PA. Except…they are out of brand name too. Should come Monday/Tuesday. They will send a text.

Had a side conversation with someone along the way with how does a member manage scripts needing PA’s - we don’t get told until we show up to pick them up and then come away empty handed and that leads to gaps in care/regular med taking. No good answer given.

2 Likes

I forgot to grab my vegetable snacks out of the refrigerator this morning.

Did you say something to him? I always do.