Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Went deer hunting yesterday with a group. Got nothing. Then my one buddy goes home, takes a walk through the bush, and drops a 12 point buck by himself.

i am not good at typing. closer to hunt and peck than classically trained, but I do ok.

Lately, more than half the time I type in something with a dollar sign the shift button seems not to be pressed enough to work.

So I want to tell someone the “price will be $1M” and it is typed often as “the price will be 41M”. It is annoying!

2 Likes

It seems whenever I leave my house between like 4:30 and 7;30 pm I’m leaving just after a ferry has pulled in. One road in and out of the ferry and it runs right past my street.

I have had a killer headache for a few hours. I took the day off to relax and ended up working for a hours and didn’t do any quilting, which I really needed to do.

1 Like

Do you object to your brothers comment or the meme? Cause im not 50 yet and my check engine light is flashing non stop.

The meme is obnoxious

Had to wake up at 6:30 this morning because my son and husband are running a 5k. So glad my kids never played soccer or any other early morning sports.

3 Likes

Telemarketers/scammers calling at 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday. They can go FLUFF themselves!!!

1 Like

My cable box stopped working: time for a new one!

ETA: I drove to the nearest Rogers Cable outlet. They don’t carry the boxes any more: I have to contact HO. When I try to login to my account, it doesn’t recognize the password. FFS, I may have to call a 1-800 number!! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

ETA #2: I hafta phone a 1-800 number AAAAAND I hafta mail the fluffin’, rai-SIN lickin’ unit back!!! Ohferfluffsake!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Garage door stopped working this morning right before I left for work. Spent half an hour lubricating (still not working) then looking for the instruction manual and adjusting the “force factor”. It’s working now but will probably chop a small child in half if they get stuck under the door.

1 Like

Were the springs intact? Twice in my life I have had springs fail and need replacement. If one has failed, the door will be MUCH heavier. If both failed, your GDO is not likely to be able to lift the door at all.

This pic shows a cracked spring on the left and an intact spring on the right.

Wow. Twice? I’ve never had it even once.
I know this much, those things can kill you. Neighbour enjoyed a trip to emergency after attempting to repair one. I don’t think they’re that complicated, but I wouldn’t touch one. That’s a job for my wife.

2 Likes

Twice, in 2 different houses. It seems like they have a life expectancy of 30 or 40 years or so? If your house is 30 year old, you may need to replace someday. But if you bought a 5 year old house, you could live there a long long time before replacing them.

The 1st time, I replaced the springs myself. (Always replace in pairs. If you are going through the effort, don’t just replace 1, replace them both because the 2nd is likely gonna fail very soon).

Yes it is dangerous, but a lot of home repairs are dangerous. Saws, electrical work, roofing, etc. It is far from the most dangerous thing I have ever done. If you work VERY slow and methodical, it is pretty safe. You must have the right tools, which are a pair of special levers to put the torsion into the springs. If someone tries to do the job using a pair of large screwdrivers, they’re asking for trouble. Never let anybody walk behind you. Make sure you are standing on something large and firm enough to hold you, not a shaky ladder or wobbly step stool.

I had a spring on a garage door go bad once. House was built in 1940, and the spring failed sometime in the early 2000’s. I wasn’t going to fool around with that so I hired someone to fix it.

Springs are fine. Thanks.

Hard, crusty boogers, difficult to defenestrate…if my nostrils were windows.

1 Like

Didn’t want to do my calculus assignment today, so I cleaned crap out of my office, ton of e-waste.
Now I’m sitting here doing the assignment and it’s not going well. I swear it’s not me, it’s the course/instructor/whatever.

If I did a tutoring zoom call with MPC I’d probably be done the assignment in time to watch a movie tonite.

Hit me up in about 3 hours if you want. I’m about to go teach AP calc to a couple of students and I will be in that mode already.

Thanks - i appreciate the offer. But I was kidding about the tutoring. I know I can get everything given enough time, so I just bludgeon through my courses now and get what I get. Plus, I’m only in the program for bucket list things and to keep challenging myself. If I start using tutoring, I’m less challenged and the accomplishment is less.

December 2023 I should have my masters done. I told my spouse yesterday that I think I’ll pick the ASA credentials back up at that point. they didn’t seem impressed lol.

Heh I was only half-serious anyway. I know you’ll figure it out.

Well, my favourite pastime is studying. My second favourite pastime is complaining about studying.

6 Likes