Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

That sounds awful. I can barely eat cole slaw… it has to be super fresh and not have the creamy dressing.

There are wall mounts that have swing arms so you could potentially mount one of those to one of the side walls and have it swung out on an angle all the time. I installed one for a friend in his basement. The install was a little easier than a normal TV bracket because you could swing the arm out and attach the TV to the mount easier.

I’m 50/50 on cole slaw, I don’t order it, but if it’s there I might eat some. Unless it’s German cole slaw, in which case I’m throwing down on that.

This is something my MIL used to make, so it’s one of those things my wife likes because she grew up with it.

I also do not like cole slaw that is swimming in mayo, but some slaw varieties can be delicious.

I hated cabbage when I was young, but have grown to like it. I think the first time I started really liking it was a pickled red cabbage that a local burrito place used to serve (no longer in business, RIP). It was great.

Cabbage is a little stinky, but so are most cruciferous vegetables and I like pretty much the whole lot. For me it’s somewhat similar to cheese that’s a little stinky: the smell might not be great, but the flavor can be great.

One of my favorite ways to make cabbage these days is to slice it super thin like for slaw and sauté in a little butter. It’s surprisingly good that way. My wife and I on occasion will polish off a whole head of cabbage cooked that way between us in one sitting.

anything with even a tiny bit of mayo is gross. no cole slaw!

1 Like

Remembering this made me google, and I found a recipe:

I’m going to make it soon.

One of my girlfriends makes a cole slaw that doesn’t have mayo. It’s pretty good. I got her recipe years ago… I should see if I can find it and make some!

1 Like

I like vinegar based cole slaw better than mayo, but both are good! As long as I can’t taste the cabbage first.

sounds like someone really needs to learn diplomacy in email there. i find it difficult to do myself, but that’s extreme.

or he needs a vacation.

1 Like

My sbux has been playing 70s disco musice for the last few days. It was OK the first day for nostalgia, but now it’s irritating.

1 Like

On the plus side you can let off a few farts without anyone noticing.

2 Likes

Well, the new 3-way stop is now official!!! They did trim that tree back some, so the sign is fairly visible.

3 Likes

I like good coleslaw. I always hesitate ordering it as bad coleslaw is way worse than bad fries.

I was in a sbux yesterday and it was also 79s disco. Wonder if it’s happening everywhere

After taking nearly 4 days to go the 110 miles from Toronto to Depew, my package promptly left Depew. It took 41 hours to go the next 212 miles from Depew to Stoh, OH. It’s speeding up.

1 Like

Every 3-6 months, I’m in a teams meetings and a certain person will share a file that deadnames me on screen, without acknowledging it at all or trying to fix it. It’s always the same person, and they are incredibly nice and kind about it, but at the same time it’s obvious these files have been updated with new data in the last two years, how hard is it to fix a name in the “Source” column. (It’s different files every time too, so it’s just the pattern that wears on me.)

That’s a very specific year. And on the tail end of the craze to boot.

I heard Hot Stuff (1979) and Heart of Glass (1978) so maybe the same playlist

Disco died officially on July 12, 1979.

First repair guy that came out was a rather young guy. It seemed like he knew what he was doing…that is, when he knew what he was doing…he even had a tagalong apprentice sort of guy, so he must have been smart enough to teach the next generation a thing or two. He was suggesting that we’d probably have to replace the whole damn unit. After ~30 minutes of tinkering around and using his special tools he said, “Naw…can’t fix it. It’s a Lennox. I’m not qualified to fix their gonkulators.” Well, something like that. Anyway, I don’t mind when someone admits they’re not capable of something rather than making things worse. He didn’t charge me for the service call, so other than still having an all-too-hot-house, I wasn’t too steamed…except literally.

Second repair guy was supposed to be there (the next day) between noon and four (or something). It gets to be about 4:15 in the pm & still nothing. I text the company & their like, “Oh, yeah, he was in an automobile accident. He won’t make it out today. All of our other technicians are busy. We can get someone out there on Friday.” (This was on Tuesday, mind you.) I’m like “Uh, no thanks. I’ll call someone else.” An hour later or something they sent me an email saying “Ooopsie. We didn’t mean this Friday. We meant the Friday two weeks from now. You still want us to come out, right?” No…no, I do not.

One more night of sweatin’ to the oldies…I get in contact with third hvac company & they’re able to send out a repair guy the next afternoon. He arrived a little late BUT they communicated to us, “He’s going to be a little late. He’s fixing someone’s gonkulator & it’s taking a little bit longer than expected because it’s not a Lennox (those are easy to fix, but not this one)”

So, he gets there. Assesses the situation. “Just need to replace the motor. Was the previous guy a youngin’? …'cuz this isn’t complicated.” He was a “local” fella’ but had been working with his dad since he was 5. It only cost ~$500, which is about 1/10 of what I was afraid I’d have to pay.

By the time I got home from work, wife was wrapped up in a blanket because it was so cold in the house.

4 Likes