Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I wish I could color my hair.

Wish granted. Clairol brings a dye-for-men’s-back-hair product to market.

Oh, wrong thread.

3 Likes

I’m not going to lie — the every two months appointments to get it brightened back up and roots done is sometimes a little much, but I love how it looks (and I’m pretty sure I’m going to love the two tone I have planned, so in the end it is worth it.

1 Like

My son may need to quarantine for school because of an exposure, but my workplace still thinks everyone needs to be in the office right now.

I’m sure they’d give me permission to stay home if and when my kids are quarantined, and would likely even require it, but the fact that they’re forcing us to be in the office when community spread is at this level is so mind-blowingly asinine I want to scream. I think I’m going to be putting my foot down and telling my boss I’m just not coming in until my kids are vaccinated. It’s irresponsible. My boss would probably let me, but in a hush-hush kind of way, because it’s against policy.

4 Likes

i grew it out shaggy during early covid lockdown. mullet included. end game included being “fake” bald but only on top. shaved that with a blade. used the side to create a comb over. timed it up with halloween, which was a saturday but I attended Mon/Tues zoom calls with the combover intact. It was tremendous. and terrible. and tremendous.

long story short, it’s your hair. do whatever to it. if awesome, keep doing it while you find it awesome. if not, it grows out or back. it’s too bad people feel like they have say in this, but also a reminder that who cares what others think.

2 Likes

Started a Annoyed Thoughts to rant against other drivers here:

1 Like

Oh my freakin lord. that is the best thing ever.

1 Like

Continuing on the vein of annoyed at compliance infrastructure and how it seems I’m the only compliant entity in the country, just had an hour with a compliance person that offers a service to life insurers.
Me: It’s my opinion, that your service is the only one that allows us to be compliant.
Them: Yep.
Me: Here’s what everyone is actually doing, lol, it’s absurd.
Them: Lol, yep.
Them: but if you use our service, you need explicit permission from the consumer to do so. A check box on the paperwork is fine.
Me: Uh, makes sense. except I know you work with life insurance companies.
Them: Sure do.
Me: None of them ask for permission, explicit or implicit. So they’re doing this without this permission you say is required, but I have to have that permission?

And…that’s where these conversations get awkward. They didn’t actually answer that accusation. But I know life companies are using their service (life companies have told me) and I know they’re not compliant (I can read an application).

Another call at 3 today. I’m weary.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I didn’t think it’s that difficult for businesses to return a phone call. Apparently it is.

I’ve contacted 8 places in the last week about roof damage I have, asking if they can come out and take a look and give me an estimate. [No, it’s not an insurance claim.] Each one has been called twice, most have been e-mailed off their company website once.

Number of responses: 0

worse than that, I sent 4 emails to my doctor’s PA through the patient portal because I had to see the PA rather than the doctor since the doctor was booked. PA replied the the first 2, but ignored my last 2, one on 9/14th and the 2nd on 9/16. WTH? I could be dying right now, and she is ignoring my messages.

When you call the office, the message says to contact doctors through the patient portal because they are short-staffed or some bullshit. but ummm, you’re ignoring my message on the portal.

I think a lot of contractors are so busy they can’t be bothered with small jobs. The overhead cost of two seperate trips (one for the consult, one for the repair) is high enough that people likely object to building that into the cost of a 5 minute repair job.

I had similiar problems when we tried to find someone to pour concrete for two steps and a 5 foot walkway. Just not worth it.

YOu and I would probably say ‘well, just build that into the cost, I know I have to pay a premium for a small job’, but I bet most people wouldn’t think their way through that far.

2 Likes

Even if you’re a contractor and say “eh, too small for me” is it really that difficult to take 5 minutes and relay that message?

I agree, build that overhead cost for the consult into the price. (And explain that to me, so I can try to make apples-to-apples comparisons on offers.) It’s a minimum $2500? Cool, I’ll pay that. Saves me the trouble of having to try to patch a roof and the soffit and fascia boards underneath and tie it all together without creating other problems. But if you can’t be bothered to return a call, I’m sure as hell not hiring you when I have a whole-house siding job to do in a couple years.

The boy next door has started sporting a cruella devil look - except with a pretty curly Afro type style (he’s half white, half Latino)

2 Likes

A/C on my car seems to not be working.

1 Like

More than 20 hours of meetings this week and only slightly fewer next. I was hoping to get work accomplished with a fresh brain from vacation, meetings are such a slog :neutral_face:

My dog prefers to drink from her outside water bowl rather than the one that’s 5 feet from the kitchen sink.

Drinks always go down better out on the patio.

4 Likes

Our power just went out at 11pm. I guess it’s a planned outage to do some maintenance. Didn’t get the memo. No big deal except we have a CO monitor that apparently howls like a banshee when the power goes out. I can’t believe weaselette^3 slept through it.

1 Like

That’s nothing. We have 2 bowls of clean water that are changed every other day. My cat has for years preferred to drink out of the toilet, the pond, puddles outside, water that’s standing in the dirt, …