And Now, the Petty Crap Starts

Yup. That’s why I call them traitors.
And, I’ll throw in “Anti-American” to boot, since it is also literally that.

1 Like

It feels a bit like the not touching you game, but where touching you is literal illegal secession from the United States.

Agreed.
It is more about looking out Sister’s window in the back seat just to piss her off, while the adults in the front seat are driving and navigating the car.

The traitors have been pretending things for 4 years, may as well let them have their little pretend ceremony and talk about 2024 being Trumps 3rd term. Better than doing something that does real damage.

Looks like 3doorsdown still has the date open.

I’m not sure this is harmless. Trump has promised a “wild” protest on January 6th when Congress certifies the election results. An alternate inauguration on the 20th could be dangerous with these people armed to the teeth every time they show up in public.

Yeah this seems like one of those things you don’t think you need to write down but might need to now we’ve had DJT. I mean the Confederacy did their whole illegally elect a president thing and we went to war.

Wait until you see what happens if his side somehow manages to get its way and overturns the election on January 6. It won’t be “we’re all trapped in this country with the GGG crowd” - the GGG crowd is suddenly going to discover it’s trapped in this country.

Speaking of The Confederacy…
Was doing a long walk with the wife the other day, looking at other people’s houses and lawns and decorations.
On one house, I saw a three-striped (R-W-R) flag with seven white stars on a blue background in the upper left corner. Took out my phone and googled. Hooray, we have a bigot in the neighborhood! I want to get out my chalks, and write on the sidewalk in his driveway, “Traitor to the USA.” Or, “Slaveowner” or “White Supremacist.”
I mean, he’s letting us know what he thinks (and possibly bringing down property values), so it’s only fair for his neighbors to tell him what they (I) think.

1 Like

Post pics after you do so.

Yeah I remind myself that even in super liberal areas there is ~1/3 of people voting for DJT so invariably some proportion of those are true loony bins. Even in a small town you’re bound to get a few of them (with all necessary hand waving about my assuming they’re randomly located geographically across the state, although since I’m not in a very urban area maybe I’ve got a disproportionate amount of DJT inclined truly loony bins…)

How much more petty will this get? Well, Trump has already told political appointees to resign effective at noon 1/20 meaning no one will be doing the duties of any of those offices - but given events of Wednesday, how much more will this get? Oh, let’s go “off the deep end” with what he could do - except … is it really?

• He orders the destruction of all records relating to his administration, especially anything involving the White House and the activities of his staff.
  • He orders the immediate release of all kids held in detention centers. As in, “throw them out on the street with nothing - no food, no clothing, no money, … just, kick everyone out.”
  • He orders DHS to seize all doses of the coronavirus vaccine not held by the federal government and then to destroy all such doses that exist, bringing immunization efforts to a complete halt.
  • Progressively illegal and unconstitutional executive orders, banking that some people will follow along.
  • Military action somewhere? A couple somewheres? Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if the morning of 1/20 he starts something fairly large and Biden has to hurriedly get sworn in and deal with it.
  • Lots of other stuff. You imagine it and it’s not totally outlandish, it can go here.

And of course, he grants a blanket pardon to everyone involved in the above at 11:59am Eastern along with his family, his staffers and himself. He doesn’t give a fuck at this point, and he will burn down everything on the way out in a fit of rage.

I would figure that most of those on the list would trigger a 25th Amendment action - Pence wants to leave with a little dignity.

1 Like

Trump’s commanding power is almost nonexistent at this point. He has no allies.

He has no dignity. He’s sold it out for the VP position thinking it might springboard him to the Oval Office at some point, and maybe might be starting to realize he’s killed any chance he has of that.

I would say he has significantly fewer allies than he had previously. I would not say “no allies” - he’s placed enough people in places that there will be some who will still do his bidding.

Hell, 2 days later from his speech directing people to go storm the Capitol and you don’t see mass resignations from people throughout the administration. Most are cowards, but some are awaiting orders to further burn down things. That’s the group we all need to worry about.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering where I got the idea that Trump would destroy the current vaccine base: he’ll do it to spite this.

Start the guessing game.

All the illegal immigrants

1 Like

That would be the ultimate troll move

Shoeless Joe Jackson and Harvey Weinstein gotta be on the list. Amirite?