Advice on buying a desktop...or fixing my USB Wi-Fi Adapter

I should note – it is just the CPU, power supply, and maybe an HDMI cable. You’ll need to supply keyboard and mouse/trackball.

1 Like

Indeed. In addition to the keyboard & mouse, I can probably scrounge up an HDMI cable as well. :tup:

:bump:
The old speakers that I have came with green & pink pokey things that were inserted into the back of the computer. Apparently, for speakers on this beauty I’m going to need some blue tooth thing. Does that mean it’s wireless?

Any recommendations for which one to get? Is installing something like that pretty easy (i.e., will they recognize each other or will it be a pita to get it set up)?

:bump: can you hear me now?

I’ve done a similar thing, with similar results. Luckily, I don’t play games on my PC a lot anymore. The expensive monitors have less “ghosting”, so that when a sprite moves across the screen at high speed, it doesn’t leave a trail behind it.

I didn’t think about the need for sound device when I suggested Beelink, since I get sound through the HDMI interface.

To plug in wired mic and speakers, you can add a USB sound fob, something like this:

Ooh…that’s a nice $9 solution. Thanks for that.

Is there anything else I should consider before buying that & just hooking up the old speakers? Here’s a link to what they are.

Are there some (new) speakers that I should consider instead? …since they’re not that much more expensive & the technology is better these days?

Actually, that was just the first one that popped up on Amazon.

I have actually bought a couple of this model:

…for ham radio use. It’s not a fancy device, but it works.

If it has a single speaker connector, you should be all set.

My Beelink computer is connected to the living room TV. I do sound over HDMI through the TV’s sound bar.