20Q Game 26

Y’all guess whatever you want. I confess, I lost interest when “helicopter” wasn’t good enough. :wink:

I’m not sure. My first thought was air ambulance because patients would fulfill Q 17.5, but they exist in the military too.

Weather and news related, the reporters are paid.

Is there a specific word for privately owned helicopters or is it just called a private helicopter?

Just a privately owned helicopter.

There are different regulations that different types of aircraft are subject to, based on things like the type of aircraft and the type of service that they offer, but I mean that’s getting into really esoteric stuff that I’m only familiar with because I have relatives who are pilots and I’ve picked up stuff from them over the years. It’s not really general knowledge type stuff so I wouldn’t expect that would have anything to do with the answer.

It seems like the not government employee eliminates firefighting and medevac and police helicopters, leaving charter and personal and traffic and cargo.

Wish I’d asked if the pilot was getting paid, but I guess that’s basically equivalent to asking if it’s personal. And somehow I doubt personal is it because “helicopter” probably would have been good enough.

Argh… I was all set to ask if it was a traffic helicopter, but then I thought how in the world could that be controversial about someone getting paid to be in there.

So now the only thing I can think of is if someone is transporting their own personal animal via a cargo helicopter then they would be allowed in the helicopter but wouldn’t be getting paid to be in there, but that is pretty rare. (Race horses and zoo animals are transported by air all the time, but it is a paid animal trainer who rides along with the animals, so he/she would be getting paid. Also, I think they are usually transported by airplane, but I am the person who didn’t even know that cargo helicopters were a thing, so what do I know… maybe there are more helicopter-riding animals than I realize.)

That’s the only case of the remaining types of helicopters that I can think of that could possibly be controversial on someone getting paid to be in them.

Sooooooo… is it a cargo helicopter?

Is it the sight-seeing helicopter piloted by T.C. on Magnum, P.I.?

Never mind . . . not a real guess. :laughing:

Actually that might be a better guess than mine! :woman_shrugging:

I like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. (MH) Is it bigger than a breadbox? Yes
  2. (Lucy) Is it man-made? Yes
  3. (MH) Is it attached to the earth? No
  4. (MA) Is it larger than a 2004 Ford Focus? Yes
  5. (Lucy) Is it a vehicle? Yes
  6. (MH) Does it travel on land? No
  7. (Lucy) Does it commonly carry more than 9 people? No
  8. (Pres) Does the vehicle transport people? Yes
  9. (Lucy) Does this vehicle travel in water? no
  10. (Lucy) is it an airplane? no
  11. (Pres) Does the vehicle travel to space? no
  12. (MH) Does it have to follow a particular track? no
  13. (MH) Is it a hot air balloon? no
  14. (MA)Does it travel in the sky? yes
  15. (Kat) Is it a blimp?no
  16. (Kat) Is it a helicopter? yes this is like the old 5*, you’re almost there, but you have to be more specific to pass.
  17. (MA) Is it flown by a member of the military? no
    17.5 (twig) Does the helicopter typically carry people who are not getting paid to be in the helicopter? Yes ish I was really hoping to get thru this without hedging my answers. since I don’t know how to answer this, I’m giving you a half freebie.
  18. (Tiff) Does the helicopter drop stuff (like water, or packages)? No
  19. (Twig) Are the pilots typically government employees? No
  20. (Twig) is it a cargo helicopter? No

I was looking for medevac or air ambulance helicopter. The kind that sits on a hospital.

As has been mentioned, they carry paying passengers about half the time, so I wasn’t sure if that qualified as typically for 17.5, which is why I didn’t count that question. I considered military rescue filters to be different hence these were not flown by military personnel.

But… passengers that are paying to be there is not the same as getting paid to be there.

I think you might have broken 20 questions.

Edit: I guess you probably meant the pilots are there more often than passengers, and thus it’s more typical that the “getting paid” people are in there.

…wait what? Then the answer should be no-ish. I’m still confused. Somebody make me a coffee.

Who guessed helicopter? Kat, you’re up next.

Actually, I think the answer should have been an unqualified “yes”. The whole purpose of one of those is to carry people who aren’t being paid to be there.

1 Like

I was practicing one of my favorite pastimes, overthinking things.

But also yes, I guess if you define “carry” as the passengers you’re carrying, regardless of the pilots being paid or not, then that makes sense.

I’ll start a new thread.

1 Like

New thread

Cross between :lol: and :tfh:

Paying is the opposite of paid.

I get paid to do my job.
I pay my doctor.

My doctor doesn’t pay me to go see them.

A medevac helicopter very clearly carries people who are NOT getting paid to be there: the patients do not earn an income by flying around in the helicopter.

I disagree with this… most medevac companies I am aware of are private companies

Yeah, I deleted that.

I asked the question after A_Student had eliminated medevac as a possibility anyway, and wouldn’t have asked it if my question had been answered appropriately.

IMO “typically” does not mean “greater than 50%”.

Would you say that it would be atypical to find a patient in a medevac helicopter?

If not, then it would be typical. Even if it’s only 40% of the time.

Precisely