2023 Fantasy Baseball

In - Turkey Hollow Turkeys

1 Like

In - Ultimate Brewer Fan

1 Like

Ezekial 25 17

I will carry out great vengence and punish you all in my wrath.

I’m in.

1 Like

Just an FYI - Yahoo killed the message board this year so probably need all league communication here unless we want to blast e-mail folks Yahoo registered e-mails.

Do we have a proposed draft date? Does 9pm eastern, 6pm pacific work for most if we do it on a week night?

Works for me. I could got a little earlier on most days if needed. If we keep it open during day that works too.

Should we start a 2023 Fantasy Baseball Thread?

1 Like

As thread starter you can just change the title to whatever you want.

1 Like

Let’s set a date… March 28th work? Alternates I’m available would be the 26th or the 22nd.

I could probably make any of those work.

The 22nd is a little tough. Others are fine. If we open up during day, I would be able to make picks at any time.

I’m in this camp - the sooner the date’s selected, the easier it is to plan around. I forget - will this be a Yahoo draft again?

I miss the old days with the weeks-long draft on the AO…

Don’t work around me…if I can make the draft I will, if not I’ll set up a draft board, and actively manage whatever team I end up with.

2 Likes

I’m good if we opened up the draft now and had the 15 minute slots. We will run ahead.

What’s the draft order BTW and when do we have to make selections for keepers?

The days of drafty mantooth and an AO/GOA online draft are long gone I fear.

Keepers -
Free agents are 13th round for 1st, 12th for 2nd, 11th for 3rd keepers (unless you have multiple 13th or 12th round picks)?
Everyone else is last year round minus 3?
Rounds 1-3, unkeepable?
Max keepers 3 players?

If I had that right above then unless I change my keepers are:
13th - Vinny Paquantino
16th - Adolis Garcia
17th - Luis Severino

If I traded any of those picks and forgot, oops.

Oh and looks like I can do this on Yahoo under “select keepers” so did that too.

Let’s do the 28th, close to Opening Day but gives us some time to get Keepers in. The amount of time/effort it took to get old Mr. Mantooth up and running isn’t practical anymore. Yahoo! draft, I’ll input Keepers. Feel free to flag them on Yahoo! and post here. YT posted the rules as I remember them, and last year I screwed them up so let’s go with that!

If we lose teams (some people disappeared middle of last year), their Keepable players go back into the pot and instead of their draft pick in Round X you’ll get a compensatory pick in that round. Hopefully anyone who traded picks is still around, but we’ll figure that out soon.

28th works great for me.

Keepers:
Kyle Wright (13th round)
Alejandro Kirk (15th round)
Jonathan India (17th round)

Right now here are mine (with the position that they would fall)

Bobby Witt Jr (Drafted 7th - 4th)
Michael Harris (Undrafted - 13th)
Corbin Carroll (Undrafted - 12th)

Believe the draft tab in Yahoo show where you have picks and where you do not

2 Likes

Reached out to our MIA league members… coin, Ezzy, greenman, and Smails… to see if they’re still around and still interested.