2023 Exam 7 Progress Thread

%passing mark should be slightly higher than 2019 because CBT can help us to calculate triangle or changing formula from only 1 click.
Exam is fair and appropriate with 4 hours.

I don’t think we can use 2019 passing mark as a base anymore, it’s been four sittings since we last saw a passing mark. Things could have, and likely have, changed since then.

What is your opinion about passing mark ?

I probably will be on the wrong side of the fence if the pass mark is that high.

I don’t really have a feeling about what it’ll be. I’m trying not to focus too much on it since there’s nothing to be done about it. But 76% seems unrealistically high. Not based on the exam or anything, more so on what the CAS considers an MQC to be. I don’t think it’s fair to say that someone who knows 3/4 of the material is not minimally qualified.

1 Like

If it’s helpful, I recently put together a table of the pass mark data by year on our CAS Exam 7 Past Exams page along with some pretty graphs of historical pass rates. I know that sort of information isn’t too easy to find on the CAS site. Good luck everyone for when results are released!

3 Likes

When result release for this exam ?

It is usually around 6 weeks

Does anyone know the date the Spring 2022 Exam results for Exam 7 came out last year?

I don’t know the exact date but it was sometime during the week of June 20th.

Oh wow! I saw they had the grading summit last week where it went from Tuesday to Thursday. I had figured there might be a chance for results to come out this week or next…

Not sure when they graded last year, but if it’s like last year, I guess I shouldn’t get my hopes up lol

Not sure if everyone has seen this article, but it did give me a new respect for the process. Just stumbled upon it.

Looks like it’ll be a while lol

2 Likes

Seems like this CBT process is proving to take longer than the prior process, but hopefully that’ll get smoothed out in the future. This came out today in case you haven’t seen it. Looks like we are looking at the week of June 26th.

At least we won’t be checking for results every day like last sitting

Did the exam have the 15mins of scheduled break? I’m taking 8 in fall and the syllabus is up and showing this “scheduled break”. Not sure how will it work?

No, the 15 minute break is new as of Fall 2023.

Here’s some more info about the breaks: Casualty Actuarial Society Introduces Exam Breaks for Improved Candidate Experience | Casualty Actuarial Society

2 Likes

Results are coming in a week! Start panicking people

I can barely sleep! It’s like the night before I got my first calculator for Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

1 Like

Exam 7 Spring 2023 was unfair. It was significantly harder than spring 2022. The CAS once again over corrected for difficulty.

1 Like