2022 Survivor Fantasy Football

Assuming chase doesn’t have a massive game, which is certainly possible

I’ll take a 100 point deficit over a 200 or 300 point deficit going into the final week though.

Thanks for the game!

2 Likes

Yeah but he’d need a 3 TD game most likely. Possible but tough to do. Though Evans had a monster game for Tampa today. I think it was like 200 yards and 3 TDs so if Chase does that IH will claim a 3rd booster.

I was thinking of the topside, yes :grinning:

Very secondary to Hamlin’s health but glad the game postponed/cancellation? didn’t result in UA? Having to make a ruling as it doesn’t effect the bottom.

well, as someone without a dog in the fight, I think he needs to make a ruling on the availability of Chase for IH (which I would hope would be given)

Yes, agreed on the very secondary comment, and I was waiting to see how the NFL will deal with the situation, but glad it isn’t going to cause an issue here.

As it now looks, my plan is to have the standings hold as they are, and to consider JChase available to IH for Week 18… but again, waiting to see how this plays out.

2 Likes

I think there are 2 ways it could go. Either IH has Chase available for week 18, or IH gets “the average weekly score for Chase for week 17”. I guess there is a 3rd if the NFL are dicks and say the game will be finished Wednesday in which case IH would just get Chases points like normal.

Obviously with hindsight the 2nd doesn’t change anything for IH but he loses Chase, but had IH needed say 40 points from Chase to avoid burning a booster it might have been big.

Whatever UA decides will be fine with me but I’d be fine with IH getting a 0 at WR and having Chase available for week 18.

do we have a precedent for a whole game being postponed off a week (COVID?)

what did we do then? Not fair to treat it as if the player did not play (unless there is a make-up before wk 18)

I don’t recall, there was some COVID clause in 2020 but I don’t recall what it was.

This is the closest thing to a clause I could find for COVID, from last year.

This situation seems a bit different than COVID though. I’m fine with whatever is decided, YT’s options all seem viable (average score for Chase awarded this week, 0 for WR and Chase is available week 18, if game is played tomorrow normal score). I’d probably lean towards option 1 as without the results-oriented approach of this not mattering at the bottom it would be the most fair (imo) if IH was at the bottom. But I’m also fine letting Chase be available again in week 18. Whatever our fearless moderator decides (and likely no rush since I’m not posting picks this week until the deadline).

I think with the emotional news we should all get another chance next week. :clown_face:

1 Like

Game will not be resumed this week, per the NFL minutes ago. I am treating the situation as an “unfortunate outcome” and I am not planning to use Chase in Week 18.

Given that the BUF-CIN game will not be played this week, here’s how we’ll handle it:

Week 17 ruling: Week 17 is considered complete, and since the BUF-CIN game was not played, no player from those teams played this week either. Therefore IH still has JChase available at WR for Week 18. :judge:

(And yes, the commissioner fully realizes that this situation had a relatively simple solution in this instance, and reserves the right to deviate from this precedent if said simple solution seems less-than-fair in future scenarios… but honestly, let’s just hope this never happens again. :frowning: )

7 Likes

… and with that ruling, Week 17 is now complete! :judge:

Person      QB           RB           WR             QB  RB  WR Tot
MayanActury DJones       AEkeler      GWilson       359 281  18 658
YankeeTripr DPrescott    TEntienne    TyHill        212 200 117 629 inc +100 B
ItalnHalibt JGoff        CAkers       **NONE**      219 133   0 352
ArthurItas  JHerbert     JConner      GWilson       168 110  18 296

Congrats to MayanActuary for winning the Week 17 booster (and just in time for the final week!).

Meanwhile, we say farewell to ArthruItas, who made a great run to the Final Four, but alas will run no more. Congrats on a great season, and we hope to see you back next year.

For Week 18 we will boot TWO players, and crown the 2022 Survivor Fantasy Football champion!! :tada:

Booster History

Wk#  Winner       WeekUsed
  1  MtnHawk      Used in Week 7... to no avail.
  2  MtnHawk      Used in Week 7... to no avail.
  3  actuaryjr    Used in Week 7... to SURVIVE! 
  4  actuaryjr    Used in Week 7... to SURVIVE! 
  5  IPD          Used in Week 7... to SURVIVE! 
  6  MayanActury  Used in Week 11... to SURVIVE! 
  7  Whiskey      Used ACTIVELY in Week 15...  but didn't need to.
  8  KidRock      Used in Week 14... to no avail.
  9  VorianAtrds  Used in Week 12... to no avail.
 10  YankeeTripr  Used ACTIVELY in Week 16... to WIN a Booster!
 11  ItalnHalibt  Used ACTIVELY in Week 13... to WIN a Booster!
 12  ItalnHalibt
 13  ItalnHalibt
 14  YankeeTripr  Used ACTIVELY in Week 17...  but didn't need to.
 15  YankeeTripr
 16  YankeeTripr
 17  MayanActury

Booster Totals

Owner       #left
YankeeTripr   2
ItalnHalibt   2
MayanActury   1

Week 18 picks to date:

Person      QB           RB           WR           
MayanActury 
YankeeTripr 
ItalnHalibt 

… and just to be out in front of this, should the BUF/CIN game be played, the results of that game will not factor into the Week 18 score (unless it becomes a Week 18 game, of course).

In other words, you will only get one game out of a player for a given week - don’t think you will be doubling up (not that I think any of our finalists were even considering it; I’m just trying to catch all the loopholes ahead of time).

Let’s get the party started…

Week 18:
QB T Lawrence JAX
RB N Harris PIT
WT AJ Brown PHL
Activate Booster from Week 12
Activate Booster from Week 13

Good luck!

Summary
Survivor QB RB WR/TE
Pick History -
Week1 J Burrow CIN D Swift DET M Williams LAC