2022 Survivor Fantasy Football

It seems like everyone is going all in week 1. Is this typical?

No. But but my week one triplet blew up last year when my RB literally blew out his knee 1 hour after my post, then my head case WR decided he too didn’t need to play week 1 after trending toward a start all summer camp. So needless to say my time here was short last year.

I noticed a lot of new names on the “unofficial depth charts” . . . I find it’s better to go with “established” players Week 1 and see what stats a lot of these new players (including players changing teams).

Yes, I’m taking a “risk” on Tyreek based on the above statement; but as YT points out–injuries can take you out quickly or change your options later if you don’t use a “big name” sooner than later.

I actually considered using McCaffrey this week before he gets hurt again but wasn’t sure he was healthy from last season. Checked the news on at least 5 different WRs before settling on one I was pretty sure would at least play week one. I think with the shorter preseason and even more “starters” getting virtually no pre season reps adds to the week 1 mystery.

Speaking of which . . .

I’m in :grinning:

QB Joe Burrow CIN
RB D’Andre Swift DET
WR Mike Williams LAC

Let’s go!!!

QB Ryan
RB Cook
WR Pittman Jr

I agree it seems like people are bringing much stronger triplets than usual for week 1

I don’t like it. I always go for a cheapo bargain bin week 1

Especially since only 1 player is eliminated

I felt I went middle of the pack

The L-A-M, the A and the R, the man on the mic they call Lamar
Antonio Gibson acoustic
Travis (Bickle) Kelce

I wonder how well Lamar will play given the lack of a contract extension from Baltimore.

For the sake of my actual fantasy football team, I hope extremely well

QB LJackson
RB CMcCaffrey
WR AJBrown

And we’re up to 13… hopefully we’ll get enough to play full season! :nervous: :popcorn:

Person      QB           RB           WR            
MtnHawk     JBurrow      DHenry       JJefferson
actuaryjr   RWilson      JTaylor      AJBrown
EzekCmbrlnd LJackson     DCook        MAndrews
act123      JHurts       JMixon       AThielen
PatientZomb JHurts       AGibson      MBrown
VorianAtrds ARodgers     JWilliams    THill
Outdoorman  JHurts       AGibson      TKelce
MayanActury TBrady       JConner      MPittman
YankeeTripr LJackson     AJones       CSutton
ItalnHalibt JBurrow      DSwift       MWilliams
KidRock     MRyan        DCook        MPittman
3rookie     LJackson     AGibson      TKelce
UltAnyone   LJackson     CMcCaffrey   AJBrown

I recall last year you wrote an encouraging personal message to all the prior year participants which enabled ppl to rejoin…

This year I accidentally stumbled onto the thread… I didn’t even remember it.

and we can have weeks w/o elimination, but a booster. Maybe smaller boosters for 2nd & 3rd or even a negative booster for last. To keep someone from just using guys they would never consider in an elimination week

I did do that :+1: (albeit a little later in the week after some folks, such as yourself, had already made picks… :blush :).

Could be others like me planning to make picks later.

And if you are reading this and not planning to play, why not? Its a fun game.