2022 NFL Football Thread

The game is afoot! Or, in this case, a high ankle!

3 Likes

Should have seen them before they lost 3 starters on the O-Line. They were just running roughshod over people. After Joe Burrow’s rookie year there was a lot of scuttlebutt that the Bengals were a destination team because he was a guy who was going to keep them in the playoff hunt every year. You can really see that when they play because they have good players all over the field and they are deep.

1 Like

The team that lost to Mitch Trubisky week 1 absolutely demolished the team that blew out the defending SB champs in their own dome week 1.

Time to cancel September football.

1 Like

The latter, with Cincinnati finally winning just for the story. (Cue the Joe Burrow footage set to “and then a hero comes along…”)

2 Likes

49er - Chefs is a rematch from a few years back.
49ers - Bengals would be the 3rd matchup with 49ers looking for a 3-peat
Chefs - Eagles has the Andy Reid tie in.
Bengals - Eagles Burrows/Hurts college/pro rivalry tie in

1 Like

Yes. The kick would have put MIN up by 10 with little time remaining. This robbed the world of the 15-1 Vikings crushing Denver is the SB.

Those dirty, dirty birds!

Yeah, and I don’t think any key players (Tyler Boyd, Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Joe Mixon, Evan MacPherson, Sam Hubbard, or of course Joe Burrow) have contracts up this year. It’s expected that the Bengals will pick up the fifth year option on Joe Burrow or maybe try to sign him to something longer-term in the upcoming off-season. They could be good for a couple more years before they start losing players to salary cap issues.

1 Like

Yeah, the Bengals don’t play any starters in the preseason under Zac Taylor. They’ve gotten off to slow starts for that reason. 0-2 to start and then 15-2 since then.

I would not be surprised if they cut Joe Mixon. They can get a head start on saving money to pay Burrow and Chase. I doubt they can keep Chase and Higgins, but that’s what the draft is for and they have drafted well.

:sob:

I mean… you may well be right, but :sob:

:notes: It just may be a lunatic you’re looking for :notes:

2 Likes

I have that song on both cassette and CD.

Last time Mahomes had a high ankle sprain, which was worse than this one, he followed it up with over 400 yards passing the next week.

The game this weekend is entirely on whether KC’s defense can slow down Burrow. They’ve failed in the past.

that was an 8 track we had!

Nice article about one of those guys who just doesn’t understand football because he never played it:

Pretty sure we had it on vinyl.
Or maybe one of those wax cylinders.

1 Like

IMO, the best front offices in football: Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs. I don’t know how to order the 4, though.

Ever since Philly decided to dump Wentz, everything has worked out well. And I fully expect them to trade their Saints pick (#10 overall) for a later 2023 1st and pick up an extra 2024 1st.

The Seahawks front office impressed me with the deal they pulled off last year with the Broncos getting rid of Wilson’s salary and getting high draft picks in return. Should position them well for the next few years. They have also maintained a strong product on the field for over a decade.

3 Likes

Having a cheap QB is key. When Wilson started sucking up all the money, the quality of the rest of the team suffered. Other top players leave cuz can’t afford them, replaced by lesser players. Need a QB that will not overburden the salary budget, but this is a difficult task. SEA got VERY lucky with Wilson, but then they had to pay him.

1 Like