2022 NFL Football Thread

The homework clause makes both the Cardinals and Murray look bad IMO

3 Likes

If not adhering to the clause can cause a break in contract with cause, then, not really.
Need to know what is in “Paragraph 27” which, I hope, defines “deemed to be in default.” (This phrase is found in “Paragraph 36, sub-paragraph 4.)”.)

And, my guess is that Kyler will miss a few minutes in one week, Cardinals will not make the playoffs, and THEN the contract will be voided.
Or, financially, whenever the Cardinals want to, especially if there is some other QB on the market or in the draft that they can get as a replacement.

The question I have is if this clause is allowed under union rules.

1 Like

Kyler Murray sort of hits back, while not answering direct questions.

He said it was “disrespectful” that outsiders thought he would reach the levels he has – a starting quarterback in the NFL – without being a “student of the game.”

Hey, we are not the ones who are requiring you to do homework to make $160M, or risk a breach of contract. ARI disrespected you.
Just say you prefer to study on your own time in your own way and that it differs slightly from the ARI way of bunch of people in a room watching “tape.”

Murray, who’s usually reserved when it comes to talking about himself, admitted his surprise appearance was out of character. He also listed his accomplishments – going undefeated in high school, winning the Heisman, going in the first round in the NFL and MLB drafts, winning Offensive Rookie of the Year and being a two-time Pro Bowler.

He then cited his size – 5-foot-10 – and said he’s already “behind the eight ball.”

OK, Napoleon.

1 Like

OK, so now you can research this online.

Kyler Murray’s stats have been charted on a time graph, including the releases of new versions of CALL OF DUTY

Evidently, he has a video game addiction, and the weeks immediately after the release of a new edition of his favorite game, his stats fall off precipitously because he is up playing the game all night, not studying the playbook or sleeping.

1 Like

A free and work-nanny-free link:

nice! I’ll be sure to draft him, then trade him in October for other players and a trade of next year’s draft picks (that’s how my league works).

1 Like

I can respect that. LOL

(Checks SEA schedule: Oct 16, Nov 6)
I’m ok with his addiction.

Offensive (to Kyler) clause has been removed from his contract by Arizona.

Now I’m REALLY OK with it!

He’ll go on his binges and forget what he studied on SEA weeks.

1 Like

NFL drops the hammer on MIA for integrity of the game violations, mostly for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton.

1 Like

The NFL says basically all the Dolphins rumors were true except for the tanking. However, the league statement really stretches credibility

Seems like Flores was correct that he was being asked to tank, and he was offered 100K to tank, but the Dolphins said they were just kidding about that and the league bought it.

Dude just had no sense of humor.

2 Likes

Straight from the Belichick tree

Looks like the crony got it worse too. The whole season and $500k is probably a higher % than the $1.5M to the owner.

“The investigators found tampering violations of unprecedented scope and severity,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. “I know of no prior instance of a team violating the prohibition on tampering with both a head coach and star player, to the potential detriment of multiple other clubs, over a period of several years. Similarly, I know of no prior instance in which ownership was so directly involved in the violations.”

This is a bunch of B.S. too from the man who said he didn’t know Kroenke was building the LA stadium. He said the same thing - “he didn’t know” when the discovery proved otherwise.

It’s all about protecting the shield. The NFL got in bed with gambling and they have to give the appearance of teams trying to win and not tanking.

1 Like

you seem to have a soap box you want to get on, that seems to have little with what you quoted.

“i don’t know of any prior violation this bad”, is not “i didn’t know this was happening”

also, no implication of gambling issues, Tanking was only implied to be draft position issue

1 Like

Yup.
Pretty much all of Flores’s accusations were proven to be correct.

Not that the team was tanking to make gamblers happy or something like that.

But that the NFL doesn’t want to admit that owners are successfully pushing for teams to lose because it will impact vegas’s view of the games. Vegas doesn’t want to take bets on games where one team is trying to lose.

So Aaron Rodgers is now using psychedelics. Not sure if they are prohibited by the CBA.

1 Like

Checks out with other self-medical-research.

1 Like