2022 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread

I hate crowds and my wife’s disability make going to any sporting event a bit of a challenge. I’ll still be trying to get us tickets to at least one match (doesn’t matter which), because I World Cup is one of those things that you have to try to experience in person at least once if you can.

Deutschland ist nicht über alles.

Probably won’t be a tradition picked up by other countries, but one can hope…

1 Like

Spain says I’m having noting to do with the WC upset trend.

Can’t imagine the English fans cleaning up after the mess they leave but Canadian fans might……

1 Like

Wow I didn’t catch any of that game but 7-0, jeez

Its as ugly as it sounds. I dont think Costa Rica got a shot off.

1 Like

Spain clearly took the foot off the throttle, and proceeded to score like 3 more goals. It was a mauling.

Costa Rica looked a lot like statues watching Spain run around the pitch. It looked more like a miss matched high school game than a World Cup match. Reminded me of Germany destroying Brazil a few cups ago.

Canada has absolutely dominated the first half but Belgium gets the first goal.

I thought Canadians were so nice they never got booked.

Tough loss as Canada out-chanced Belgium 22-9. Belgium will probably win the Group but they will need to play much better to get past the Round of 16

I wish that the Referee would move toward the monitor without being asked to go there after a minute or two of waiting. I don’t mean jogging toward it, just moving toward it and being closer if he/she has to look.

1 Like

Interesting that we are only hearing about this after the tournament has begun.

And, interesting to see some lazy-ass former players wanting to play as little as possible.

Canada actually had more scoring chances in its game against Belgium than Spain did against CR. Obvious which aspect of its game Canada needs to work on.

Canada’s 2.6 xG are the 4th most in a loss in a world cup since 1966. Number 1 was Germany earlier today at 3.53.

https://twitter.com/PaulCarr/status/1595523331024789504?t=IIHjuFdCRryOWursof5AFw&s=19

It was a frustrating game. Davies not scoring on the penalty was a bad omen. Realistically Canada now needs to beat both Croatia and Morocco. Not impossible but pretty tough given their rankings versus Canada.

Even by Brazilian standards, their second goal was incredible.

Insane finish from Richarlison

1 Like