2022-23 NBA Basketball Thread

Alright season starts!
Wake me when the playoffs begin.

Enjoyed this poster on the anniversary today of the first game between Toronto and New York.

An article on the Jazz from 10/21 about how they are going to tank for the possibility of drafting one of the once in a century guys coming into the league in the next draft.

That article hasn’t aged well so far.

Nash out in Brooklyn

Great players don’t always make great coaches and Brooklyn would be a challenge anyway with the personalities involved.

Who would want the Nets job? Kyrie is not a guy to hang your coaching on and not sure KD is either. You can’t just make a guy want to play D. Never can understand when you look at the Lakers or Nets and not see train wrecks. The pundits kept over projecting these teams. Bucks and Celts are top, Sixers, Heat, Bulls all have talent and Cavs and Raptors are tough. Nets might make play in again. Don’t think Lakers can even do that….and it ain’t all Russel’s fault.

I heard at lunch today that they may be offering the Nets job to the Celtics coach, Ime Udoka, who (allegedly) slept with a coworkers wife.

1 Like

I would put the Cavs and Raptors in the same group as Sixers et al. Both have improved over last year and could finish in the top four in the East. Unlike the Nets they have good team chemistry.

It was with a subordinate, not coworkers wife. (allegedly and all that).

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, an independent law firm hired by the Celtics to investigate the alleged affair between former head coach Udoka, 45, and a staff member was completed early last week.

The firm found that Udoka “used crude language in his dialogue” with the female subordinate “prior to the start of” their alleged affair, per Wojnarowski.

Additionally, they found that Udoka had used language that was “especially concerning coming from a workplace superior.”

Ime Udoka ‘Used Crude Language’ with Staffer Before Alleged Affair: Report (people.com)

IDK but if he used crude language and THEN had a consensual affair with her, I cannot conclude that the language was a punishable offense. Am I wrong?

Kyrie Irving finally apologizes but only after Nets suspend him.

Didn’t you earlier say:

Rumor but if true, would explain why people were saying there was little chance he would be reinstated after the suspension.

Yeah apparently the “married to patrick lynch” part was inaccurate, though they share the same last name.

Edit: okay this seems to confirm that she is not married to Patrick Lynch, SVP.

Kathleen Nimmo Lynch, who works as the service manager for the Boston Celtics, is not related to Patrick Lynch, who has been employed by the National Basketball Association organization for more than seven years.

Not to be confused with Patrick Lynch, who serves as the vice president of finance for the Boston Celtics, Taylor Lynch is married to Kathleen Nimmo Lynch. As a Consulting Associate, Taylor contributes to the success of Mercer Consulting, LLC.

(https://naijaonpoint.com.ng/know-celtics-player-patrick-lynchs-wife-kathleen-nimmo-lynch/)

1 Like

Yes because of Boss-Subordinate power dynamics.

Kyrie takes his circus to Dallas.

And KD moves on to Phoenix.

And Utah is getting Russell Westbrook? Lots of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth in Utah.

KD if his knee holds up should make Phoenix a title contender this year.

Russ being exiled to Utah is all about Utah buying future assets in the form of draft picks. It’s expected Russ may not even need to fly to Utah before he’s bought out and may just move his locker from the Laker side of Staples or Crypto Arena to the Clippers side. Though why anyone would want Russ at this point is a mystery to me.

To off-load some players that are making your team too good?

I mean there is only so much you can do to actually tank. Utah was expecting to be a lottery team but was looking like a possible playoff team. Gotta do something. Giving up some good/decent players for basically a top 4 protected draft pick and the opportunity to buy out Westbrook might have been the best Ainge could think of.

GSW has been so frustrating this year. Playing at 64 win pace at home and a 20 win pace on the road. I get that most teams are better at home but this is ridiculous.

Utah buying future assets in the form of draft picks<

To quote The Athletic, Utah has enough picks to start an expansion team