2022-23 EPL Standings Contest

Wow, early this year! That’s a first [/sarcasm].

LIV
TOT
MNC
CHE
ARS
MNU
ASV
WHU
NEW
BHA
CRY
WOL
LEI
NOF
BRE
EVE
SOU
LEE
FUL
BOU

Jahiegel and sylvos were other 2. Ted and traina thanks for joining

Yay I’m in 1st place after day 1

I realize I’m late, but here’s my picks. Early start got me by surprise this year.:

MNC
TOT
LIV
ARS
CHE
MNU
WHU
NEW
LEI
BHA
ASV
CRY
EVE
BRE
WOL
LEE
FUL
SOU
NOF
BOU

I know I’m late. I am not considering this weekend’s results, if that matters.

MNC
LIV
TOT
CHE
MNU
ARS
WHU
NEW
BHA
LEI
ASV
CRY
LEE
WOL
EVE
BRE
SOU
FUL
NOF
BOU

It will be interesting to see if Man U first week result was a blip or an indication of how much they are in disarray. I expect LIV result was only a blip.

I don’t necessarily think ManU is disarray. They just do not have talent. Fred and McTominey are guys you have if you want to compete for Europa with Leicester and West Ham. Their D is worse. Rashford has never advanced.

I am a little concerned about Liverpool’s midfield. I have never liked the way Thiago fits in. Hendo is getting older. They need to move towards Jones and Elliot. A-A gets beat too much on D as well. They did not have to add 3 attackers since January and nothing in the midfield. They will need to add a MF to advance in CL.

Take your pick on the reason but they are playing terribly.

Fulham undefeated after two games against good teams!

I wouldn’t consider Wolves a good team this year tbf. They should avoid a relegation scrap, but will be surprised to see them in the top half

But BRE 4 - 0 MUN is certainly a result that speaks to disarray.

And with their fairly difficult run of games coming, up, ETH should be the bookies favorite for next manager to get the sack.

Team Score
AbstractActuary 44
traina 44
sylvos 44
IPD 45
Win Diesel 46
Ted Hoffman 46
538 47
dr t non-fan 47
Kid Rock 47
Cooke 51

Have I been disqualified already?

Someone needs to finish lower than me so I hope you get reinstated. :grinning:

1 Like

Last intern got a large offer and walked out, I will add in the extra column.

1 Like
Team Score
1695814 42
AbstractActuary 44
traina 44
sylvos 44
IPD 45
Win Diesel 46
Ted Hoffman 46
538 47
dr t non-fan 47
Kid Rock 47
Cooke 51

In other news, I had to make a sizeable offer to get my FSP intern this year…:thinking:

1 Like
Team Score
sylvos 37
IPD 37
AbstractActuary 38
538 41
traina 42
Win Diesel 43
Kid Rock 44
Cooke 44
1695814 46
Ted Hoffman 46
dr t non-fan 48
1 Like

Liverpool continues to be horrible in the MF and teams attack A-A. Simple solution there. Move A-A to MF and put Gomez at RB. Thiago has been awful for his entire time at Liverpool Super talented, but not meant for that style. An experienced player that has now conceded 2 meaningful penalties, this one that was crushing after 2 comebacks. Hendo and Thiago seem over-matched in every game.

BHA is so well disciplined as a team. Great to see them play solid every week spending less on the starting XI than any big 6 team did on their top transfer. Great to see Bournemouth hanging in there are well. Shocked Fulham is better since they tend to alternative with Norwich on the up/down thing. Newcastle is for real. Expect a big transfer in January to potentially make a run at CL.

Bow low, so you can see me way down here!