2021 Survivor Fantasy Football

I would think you could not apply in week won or that would be a rule for the final week.

But whatever UA? Rules is fine by me. Though a clarification for future seasons might be in order.

That is, I think boosters for the week are awarded before passive boosters are utilized.

Ah, didn’t read @MayanActuary 's post lol, we made the same point

Though I am enjoying the chaos as Jaheingal, and KR will burn 2 boosters, Dingo 1… at a minimum pending the ruling coming fro UA

I am conflicted if booster can be used passively in the same week that it is aquired.

when in doubt, I opt for chaos

5 Likes

IMO, I would say yes; you have that booster now.

Not sure why it would be a “rule” for the final week . . . is there a booster available in the final week?

1 Like

Although Rodgers didn’t tank, his performance was quite anti-booster.
Burn all boosters (+ possibly any acquired).

no

It doesn’t matter for the final week as there BETTER BE NO PASSIVE BOOSTERS! That would be crazy to leave one not active…

If you win the week and get booted . . .

w/o applying the newly won booster . . . seems that would result in a “wasted booster” (equivalent to having a tie for the top score).

1 Like

That was my thought; so there wouldn’t need to be any “special rule” . . .

1 Like

Wow - there is a lot going on here! Glad to see that Survivor Fantasy Football can provide extra excitement as the NFL season winds down!

That being said, I will clarify what happens, which should echo what you’ve seen happen every week this year, and all past years (not that we can see most of that, of course :frowning: ).

First we determine the winner for the week, which takes into account the scores and any active boosters.

Then we look at the lowest score of the week. If that player does not have a booster, they are booted. If they do have a booster, we apply one booster and repeat this step as needed until we have our bootee.

The one scenario that needs to be clarified is when the Week 17 booster is officially awarded (and thus can be used). I don’t believe this clarification has been needed yet, but since it might come into play here, I will say that a booster can be used once it has been won. Since we assign the Week 17 booster first, it is therefore eligible to be used, if needed. :judge:

And with that, now let’s walk through how Week 17 played out!

:popcorn:

6 Likes

And Week 17 is in the books!

Person      QB           RB           WR             QB  RB  WR Tot
JudgeSmails ARodgers     DMontgomery  AJBrown       212 201  41 454
CaptDingo   MJones       AKamara      THiggins      215 160  62 437
KidRock     THillQB      RJones       THiggins      186  27  62 375 inc +100B
Jahiegel    TBrady       RJones       CLamb         295  27  51 373

Congrats to JudgeSmails for winning the Week 17 booster!

Now for the fun part - watching a bunch of booster get burned! :fire:

Jahiegel is the low score at 373. But Jahiegel has a booster, and boosts up to 373+50=423.
That now makes KidRock the low score at 375. But KidRock has a booster, and boosts up to 375+50=425.
That now makes Jahiegel the low score at 423. But Jahiegel has a booster, and boosts up to 423+50=473.
That now makes KidRock the low score at 425. But KidRock has a booster, and boosts up to 425+50=475.
That now makes CaptDingo the low score at 437. But CaptDingo has a booster, and boosts up to 437+50=487.
That now makes JudgeSmails the low score at 454, but JudgeSmails has a (very fresh) booster, and boosts up to 454+50=504
That now makes Jahiegel the low score at 473. But Jahiegel has a booster, and boosts up to 473+50=523.
That now makes KidRock the low score at 475, and KidRock… is now boosterless, and is our bootee for Week 17.

phew

… and with that , we say farewell to KidRock. It was a great run, filled with many won boosters, but alas the journey ends here. You made a lot of folks burn boosters along the way, but in the end it wasn’t enough. Congrats on making it to the Final Four, and we hope to see you back next year!

For Week 18 we will boot TWO players, and more importantly crown the 2022 Survivor Fantasy Football Champion!!

6 Likes

Booster History

Wk#  Winner       WeekUsed
  1  UltAnyone    Used Passively in Week 4... to SURVIVE!
  2  3rookie      Used Passively in Week 8... to no avail.
  3  UltAnyone    Used Passively in Week 10... to no avail.
  4  VorianAtrds  Used Passively in Week 8... to SURVIVE!
  5  PatientZomb  Used Passively in Week 8... to SURVIVE!
  6  VorianAtrds  Used Passively in Week 9... to no avail.
  7  KidRock      Used ACTIVELY in Week 17... to no avail.
  8  JudgeSmails  Used Passively in Week 12... to SURVIVE!
  9  IPD          Used Passively in Week 14... to no avail.
 10  KidRock      Used Passively in Week 17... to no avail.
 11  CaptDingo
 12  Jahiegel     Used Passively in Week 17... to SURVIVE!
 13  KidRock      Used Passively in Week 17... to no avail.
 14  Jahiegel     Used Passively in Week 17... to SURVIVE!
 15  Jahiegel     Used Passively in Week 17... to SURVIVE!
 16  CaptDingo    Used Passively in Week 17... to SURVIVE!
 17  JudgeSmails  Used Passively in Week 17... to SURVIVE!  

Booster Totals

Owner       #left
CaptDingo     1

(And yes, I’m 99% sure that was a record for most boosters spent in a week. Wow!)

3 Likes

Week 18 Picks to Date:

Person      QB           RB           WR           
JudgeSmails 
CaptDingo   
Jahiegel    

you jumped ahead too fast

1 Like

KidRock is a great illustration of watching most Lions games.

2 Likes

Thanks - I was afraid of that (hard to see the entire post at once).

Let me try again… okay, I think I fixed it (and luckily it had no impact). Can you please confirm it looks good now?

2 Likes