2023 Fantasy Baseball

I will gladly accept whatever we end up going with. Having said that, my preferences are:
-auction
-weekly moves
-5X5 roto scoring (non-head-to-head, prefer OBP over AVG, SB-CS over SB)
-deeper league (mixed over NL or AL only)

Invites sent… setting up as a keeper league, the rules get set after but as of RIGHT NOW, we’re going to do a snake draft and keepers will be kept 3 rounds higher the next year. Top 3 rounds can’t be kept. If you don’t have a pick in the keeper round you need, you can move them up another round (so a 6th round pick can be kept in the 2nd if you trade away your 3rd rounder).

Top 6 teams in the playoffs, no playoffs the last week of the season (that last weekend can be a mess so I’m taking the football path and leaving it out). Shallow league (sorry Smails) Max add/drops is set at 60 right now, max moves per week is 8 to avoid too much streaming of pitchers, both of those can be changed or removed if we want. Moves are “Daily-Today” so you can pick a guy up and start him ten minutes later, I think that’s a change from what we had. Since we’re a keeper league the Trade Deadline was pushed back to August 19th and you can trade draft picks.

Tentative draft date is Thursday, March 25th at 9PM Eastern. If we can all agree on a date/time and want to do auction we can change, but as greenman pointed out it’s a lot easier to auto-pick in s snake draft so I’m leaning that way. (Sorry Smails again, I wanted to do auction too!)

Apologies for typing this up for so long that a few of you joined the league already. But I was mesmerized by my local news channel wishing Flava Flav a happy birthday.

Let me know if anything looks weird in the league and I’ll fix it up. Let’s play ball!

2 Likes

I have a golf tourney on 3/26 am. Will try to keep up and send proxy.

Going to be a Yahoo! online draft… it’s over in 75-90 minutes in one night.

Also if you’re not sure you can make it or don’t want to do the whole draft, you can pre-rank players on Yahoo! and it’ll pick off of your list. I may rank the first 50 players or so in case I can’t make the first couple of rounds. I should be good but enough kids in this house that you never know.

I’m good with the draft date. I assume we’re starting fresh with random draft order and not going by last season? Also I’m assuming no trades from last year recognized and no keepers this 1st year?

I’m calling dibs on keeping Acuna, Tatis, and deGrom as my 3 for this year.

Draft date works for me. I may set my top few rounds as I might be 10 mins late if bedtime runs long.

I like auction a lot more as well, but agree that auto drafting auction sucks. If everyone can do this date/time I’d be open to switching draft styles though

1 Like

Ooooo sneaky, I took Trout, Betts, and slumming it with Cole.

Trout is going 5th in Yahoo! so far???

Yup, fresh start. No keepers and no draft pick swaps. There weren’t a whole lot of those anyway.

I missed that we were doing draft all at once. I am on West Coast so timing is perfect.

Will we know a draft order before the draft? Or will it be a surprise when we log in?

I need to start doing some research more than the yahoo ranks

When we log on… going to stick with snake draft and for the first year, we’ll let lady luck decide our draft order. Nothing other than the fact that I’m the winner of the last two non-COVID seasons to really go back on, and I don’t want that influencing the newly formed league.

Did I mention the back-to-back championships? This isn’t officially a trash talk thread but want to set that mood in here.

If it’s like my Sunday draft you know a half hour before the draft starts. I got the coveted 11th pick in an 11 man roto league in that one.

Hoping to do a bit better in this random draw.

1 Like

Ah so like Florida’s back to back NCAA basketball championships in 2006 and 2007. So we should expect you to have a down year and not even be in the competition for winning again. Got it. Thanks for setting those low expectations!

I bookended those two seasons with a 20th (before) and a 12th (after). This is a whole new world.

Really missing Drafty right now…I have a draft tonight and just realized I used that thing for other league’s too!

Quarter end work or fantasy baseball research for the draft tonight?

Drafted last night in a Points League on Yahoo!.. printed out a cheat sheet off ESPN… no one was drafting like I was… turns out they are VERY different scoring systems… OOPS!

See you all tonight!

You would think a back to back champ would notice such things

I have a few things ordered on the site, but I do not see where the draft is on the app or through mobile site. I have to bring wife to the doctor about 15 minutes into the draft. I am hoping the mobile site or app will have the draft once it starts.