2023 Fantasy Baseball

I finally got DeGrom back and in typical Met fashion they score 1 run for him.

If my team can hang on to a top 6 spot I might have a chance with Tatis finally taking swings and Harper getting his pins removed.

Trade deadline is 8/11. If anyone is selling a 1B or 3B for draft consideration, let me know I’m interested.

I love the yahoo push notification that says “Your team has multiple lineup issues, please fix”

2 Likes

Remind me, does the 50 transaction limit apply to only the regular season (like you get an extra 8 per week for the playoffs), or is it regular season plus playoffs? :grimacing:

50 max for the season, 8 max for the week. The season includes playoff.

EDIT Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 60

Looks like this became 60 at some point.

1 Like

Oh man I forgot about the season cap! Good catch guys.

Went to 60 due to COVID but think it’s fine to keep with the concussion and 10 day DL stints all in play.

Check your Yahoo! inbox.

Is this trade correct? Hayes and a 6th for Alonso and a 19th? Did you mean for the picks to be the other way around?

It’s my 6th round pick next year for UAs 19th next year for the Polar Bear. Hayes was just the player that balances rosters.

All good… my mistake on reading. Tired over here, brain not working.

Congrats coinfootball on taking the last playoff spot from me on the tiebreaker. Your pitchers wiped the floor with me the last day of the regular season.

Also, why did I make the playoffs this early? Thought we had another week to go!

Yeah I just assumed there were 3 weeks plus the stub week left but looks like there are more. Not sure why playoff have started but OK. Is the finals 2 weeks long?

In my league this week and next week are the last weeks of the regular season. At this point I probably need to win out to make the playoffs despite being the highest scoring team in the league. Annoying.

1 Like

Must be two weeks. I thought week and stub also.

The ship be sinking. I’m going to need a miracle weekend to catch Ezzard Charles

Needed to win the last 3 to be in, and accomplished the first 2 W. At this point, I can still be the 1, 2, 3, or 4 playoff seed in the 4 team playoff or eliminated. Wild finish.

One of my favorite waiver wire moves I made this year was picking up Alex Cobb on 6/30. He had an era of 5.09 and only 1 quality start in 10 appearances at that point in the season. I’m sure other players were wondering why the hell I added him then. Since I picked him up, 9QS in 14 games with an ERA of 2.59. He just made a great start when I needed one too.

He’s been a streaming option in the leagues I’m in for months. I’ve been using him frequently since mid-July.

A question for you: would you risk starting Smyly in the playoffs with 2 starts in a HTH points matchup (points for IP, K, QS, W, negative for H,R,BB,L)? It’s not 100% clear he has 2 starts yet, and I would not start him if he’s not expected to have 2.

The case to start:

• He’s been on a roll lately, pretty solid in 7 of his last 8 starts, and 8 out of 10
  • He has fantastic matchups. MIA is 68 wRC+ vLHP this year, by far the worst in MLB. PIT is 2nd worst at 81 wRC+.

The case to bench:

• Has been somewhat lucky this year, with his ERA running about .80 better than FIP. His FIP and xFIP are close to his career numbers, and match his career ERA.
  • His K’s are mediocre, and he’s been on a somewhat limited pitch count.
  • His home/road splits: His road ERA and FIP this season are 4.23/4.44 vs his home numbers of 2.38/4.09.

Need to pick 2 here:
Smyly
Cobb has been pretty solid down the stretch and is @AZ
P Lopez has been a little shaky lately but is coming off a good start. Home v Cubs
Hader has looked better lately, but has had a shaky 2nd half and 3/6 games are @COL
A Diaz has generated some saves for me and I’ve occasionally started but is not an elite closer option.
Musgrove has been good, but has 1 start @COL

Guys I have penciled in:
Cease 2 starts
Cortes 2 starts (some risk here due to limited pitch count)
Rasmussen 2 starts (some risk here due to poor matchups v HOU and TOR)
Gallen (some risk due to poor matchup @LAD)
Clase

So I’ll need 2 more starters from the above pick 2 list, one SP and one RP. Cortes, Rasmussen, and Smyly are all SP/RP eligible, so I can make most any arrangement work.

Never mind: Probable pitchers just updated and Smyly is going Wed so he’s not a 2 start guy