2021 Elections

Hmm, so 2924 eligible voters cast ballots, but only 2222 voted for or against the amendment. I wonder how many of the non-voters are ACAS, and how many abstained. Or does “do not approve” include the abstentions?

1 Like

“Do not approve” would not include abstentions, based on what I recall from past elections. It’s only the votes cast on the measure.

Restructuring your comment, I don’t know that we’ll get a breakdown between # of FCAS who voted and # of ACAS who voted and how many of each didn’t vote on it, or any other cross-section of the voting data.

I agree they are probably not going to report that level of detail.

Shouldn’t we be able to infer to a fairly accurate level the number of FCAS who voted from the total number of FCAS & the % who voted?

Are eligible ACAS able to vote on bylaws/constitution changes? It looked like the criteria for passing depended only on FCAS votes.

Constitution/bylaw amendments are voted on by Fellows only (requires 10% of Fellows or 2/3 of Fellows voting).

1 Like

Yes, but I didn’t look that up last night, and thought it possible that someone here knew for sure how to interpret the numbers released. I was just being lazy and curious.

1 Like

Same.

I know a couple ACAS who are eligible to vote who say they had the amendment on their ballot. (They voted no.)

I assume then that their votes did not count.

I’m a career ACAS. I didn’t see the option to vote on the bylaw change on my ballot.

STOP THE STEAL!

1 Like

Yeah, I checked back with the ACAS that said they saw it and now they say they didn’t - they were just thinking about the ballot in general.

Discussion on whether the CAS is promoting people it shouldn’t omitted.

False alarm.

2 Likes