2020 Rainbows in the Endzone NFL Full Season Pick'em Contest-Tying Arbitrary Records now with GoActuary

Yea it was days later, stupid COVID season and the holidays. I likely would have waited until right before game time on that one (since it was the last) but wasn’t going to keep tabs on it over Christmas.

And have you seen my history in this game? It is the one thing in life I do take seriously!

10 game difference this year did you over take best Lifetime Record?

Congrats Jahiegel! It was very frustrating seeing how many weeks we had basically the same picks… but then again imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I’ll just take my second place finish happily.

I think you actually won by three games with your two COFPs, appreciate you making those moves even though you could have done nothing and won. Much more honorable to play to the final whistle and go for a better record than pull an Eagles.

Thanks again to 1695814 for yet another impeccably run game despite COVID adjustment and the surprising death of the OG AO. See you next season!

Thanks for running, ###. This is perhaps my best finish of these games.

Congrat Jah!

:toth:

:toth:

I’ve been toying with the idea of submitting picks via pm/email. It would significantly hinder the play-at-home contestants, but it would prevent any sort of piggybacking off of the more successful players’ picks (I am not suggesting that it happens - just that it’s a possibility).

Submit picks privately?
  • Yes, submit them via pm or email.
  • No, this a solution in search of a problem.
  • Hire 42 better interns next year

0 voters

I suggest allowing the option to submit via PM/email; rather than require it.

It’s always been an option (explicitly stated) at least as long as I’ve been ruining the show…well, actually, since 2015.

Of course, I do go ahead & post those as if they had been posted by the poster who didn’t post them.

Knowing my strategy… I’m surprised there hasn’t been MORE overlap of my picks with others over the years! This year I just got them in early.

I think the option to put them in early for the tin-foil-hat crew is fine, I’ll continue just posting mine.

So many plays in this game, I don’t even look at someone’s else’s picks, let alone think about copying them. Pure formula for me, though definitely over weighted home field this season

1 Like

Perhaps incentivize public posting with a few bonus COFP? Or perhaps increase the number of COFP for early posting? Perhaps inject a couple of “Guaranteed Win” awards for early entries? They can apply these to ensure a definite win for a team. Say 3 of these for the entry before the first “deadline”; then 2; then 1?

But for this game, folks “piggy-backing” off a prior post lose out on the tie breaker.

I like the tie breaker for early posting and COFPs. Don’t think that guaranteed wins is really needed on top of that.

Serious piggy backing just means you won’t win weekly awards without the person you piggybacked off of messing up a prior award.

1 Like

First want to say thanks for the game. I really enjoy checking to see how I did each week.

I don’t copy anyone (or would think anyone would want to copy mine), so I don’t really care about the secrecy aspect. Will submit picks however you want next year.

Yes, given that zAll Home Teams had a losing record this year and finished in last place, anyone who gave it more than -0.20% weighting gave it too much weighting.

1 Like

:toth: Glad to hear you enjoy it.

Given the excellent discussion the competition committee is leaning strongly towards keeping all entry-methods the same. We’ll announce the final decision in early May*.

*most likely.

Here’s how the consensus did vs actual. The right-most column is “Wins over Predicted”. Dolphins, Eagles, & 49ers were the big surprises this year:

ACTUAL CONSENSUS
Team W L T Team W L Δ
AFC East
Bills 13 3 0 Bills 11 5 2
Dolphins 10 6 0 Dolphins 4 12 6
Patriots 6 9 0 Patriots 9 6 -3
Jets 2 14 0 Jets 5 11 -3
AFC North
Steelers 12 4 0 Steelers 10 6 2
Ravens 11 4 0 Ravens 14 1 -3
Browns 11 5 0 Browns 9 7 2
Bengals 4 11 1 Bengals 2 14 2.5
AFC South
Colts 11 5 0 Colts 10 6 1
Titans 11 5 0 Titans 11 5 0
Texans 4 12 0 Texans 7 9 -3
Jaguars 1 15 0 Jaguars 0 16 1
AFC West
Chiefs 13 2 0 Chiefs 13 2 0
Raiders 8 8 0 Raiders 5 11 3
Chargers 7 9 0 Chargers 7 9 0
Broncos 5 11 0 Broncos 4 12 1
NFC East
Washington 7 9 0 Washington 3 13 4
Cowboys 6 10 0 Cowboys 11 5 -5
Giants 6 10 0 Giants 1 15 5
Eagles 3 11 1 Eagles 11 4 -7.5
NFC North
Packers 12 3 0 Packers 9 6 3
Bears 8 7 0 Bears 4 11 4
Vikings 7 9 0 Vikings 11 5 -4
Lions 5 11 0 Lions 4 12 1
NFC South
Saints 12 4 0 Saints 16 0 -4
Buccaneers 11 4 0 Buccaneers 12 3 -1
Panthers 5 11 0 Panthers 4 12 1
Falcons 4 12 0 Falcons 6 10 -2
NFC West
Seahawks 12 4 0 Seahawks 13 3 -1
Rams 10 6 0 Rams 8 8 2
Cardinals 8 8 0 Cardinals 5 11 3
49ers 6 9 0 49ers 13 2 -7

@Vorian_Atreides, is there a way to right-justify some of the columns of that table above?

Edited to add an addendum.

SURE THING™ Picks Reprise:

10-1 this year…much improved.