2020 Presidential Transition Discussion

I heard he was planning on leaving before noon Wednesday so he could still fly to maralago on air force one.

Makes sense. Stick it to the taxpayers right up to the bitter end. But that’s an expense I’m happy to cover my portion of. :wink:

Trump has requested a large sendoff to be planned for the morning of Jan. 20, sources said, after he choppers via Marine One to Joint Base Andrews, where he is expected to give remarks to supporters and departing members of his administration.

Sources add that Trump has requested his departure ceremony to have a “military-like feel,” although details are not finalized.

He hopes to depart to the blare of a military band, with a red carpet and military honors, according to sources briefed on the plans. Even some sort of military flyover has been suggested, they said.

Yeah I’d be happy to throw him a big going away party if he agreed not to come back.

Really hope they take away his pension via impeachment though.

So glad the Rs embody the fiscal responsibility they preach. :roll_eyes:

It’s fun to look at old prediction posts:
I think this will hold up:

I’m predicting he’ll arrange a hero’s send off for himself.

This isn’t so good:

he’ll be gone comfortably before the 20th.

And this, after 4 years, shows a depressing lack of understanding Trump

I think he is still hoping lightning strikes when congress counts the electoral votes on the 6th. Heck, a bunch of D House members could be too sick to make it to the capital.

More like he was hoping his mob would hang some Senators, but I was too blind to see that.

Intersting/scary thought. The first briefing Joe Biden has on anything to do with governing the country will be the first briefing given to the President of the United States on anything except the election since before the election.

I better change my username to Cassandra because I ****ing nailed it, apparently.

Nov '20

I think the current SCOTUS (including the Trump picks) is Just. If they don’t uphold democracy, nobody will. I trust the military, the legislative branch, and the people themselves far less.

That said I don’t think it’s paranoid to worry. He’s never been a very effective or motivated monster, but plenty of real people are willing to follow him to hell.

I think the USA is as closest it’s been to failing at Democracy, in the last 100 years. That said, I think the US Democracy has been very stable for 100 years, and I don’t expect us to fail now.

I do think there’s a decent chance this will culminate in riots and terrorism, both of which are pretty common in our history.

Pentagon rejects military sendoff

1 Like

Pardons not released yet.

Headline grabbing list exposed just before Biden’s oath of office. Trump is a master of landing on the front page.

I think it will still land tonight, but yes, late enough that everyone will be digesting it in the morning and not focusing on the inauguration.

I heard he wanted a flyover and a 21 gun salute. Good to know that won’t happen.

Pence will not be there, he is attending Biden’s inauguration instead.

According to the WaPo

Aides have been trying to dredge up a crowd by sending invitations far and wide and encouraging people to bring friends, telling them they can have five tickets. Included on the invite list are former Trump staffers who have since disavowed the president, including former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly and former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci.

Kelly joked in an interview Tuesday that he and Scaramucci had thought about attending together but decided against it. “We won’t be attending,” he said, with a laugh.

This isn’t the way I expected him to leave. But, I hadn’t expected that he would send a mob to the Capitol chanting “Hang Mike Pence”, either.

A bunch of pardons were released either late last night or early this morning with the caveat that there might be more coming. On the list were Steve Bannon and Lil Wayne and a bunch where activists had been lobbying for clemency (which I gather is rather common).

Here’s the CBS story I read earlier this morning. Guess it was last night that they came out.

As far as I know he has still not pardoned anyone in his family or Giuliani or anyone associated with the January 6 insurrection. And has not attempted to pardon himself for anything.

So… not as bad as I was expecting, but I assume there’s some pride involved as he doesn’t think that he or his kids or son-in-law or lawyer did anything wrong that would require a pardon in the first place.

Glad he’s not pardoning the insurrectionists. Hope he himself is found guilty of sedition. Biden may well pardon him for that in the interest of unity if he is, but it would be meaningful if he was found guilty anyway.

Trump’s parting words: “We’ll be back in some form.” After having eaten the brains of the Republican party, the zombie comparison is fitting.

2 Likes

Hannity is the most viewed prime time talk show host, so doubt it.

Better not or I’m done with the dems. I don’t think he will.

Hanity is like a disease. Ever actually watch that show?? He has been telling people to burn down the capital for years.

I think Hanity lost his spot as #1 show on cable since the election. He can no longer say ‘Im the biggest POS in the world, but I make you guys money!’ to the fox execs.

I think Tucker was about to pass Hanity before the election fallout. Their 2020 ratings are effectively tied.

Yes, I want a lot of Faux News for entertainment, and I am familiar with the vile prime time trio that Fox offers.

Hannity and Laura are complete Trump yes-men. Tucker goes against the tide sometimes.

Hannity may have gained popularity since Trump’s inaugural, but he was popular before that I think.