20 Questions

My intention was to number new threads

I’m not sure I understand this question. Each thread gets bumped whenever it has new posts. I mean, I guess there could be a master-thread with links to new games, and with stuff people might want to refer to (what does “commonly used” mean) but I hadn’t been planning on that.

Yes, the person who wins (or whoever wants to pose a question) should start a new thread, and post a link to it in the old thread. (and I guess the master thread, if there is one.)

Yeah, I mostly access this site from my phone, which may be why I find navigating long threads to be so cumbersome. Maybe I’m in the minority.

At the bottom on your phone screen, there should be a little “post counter” with two numbers and a slash between them, click that, and it will pop open the post on its own, and also show you the slider on the side (much faster than scrolling to move the slider), as well as a jump to… button on the bottom left where you can type in a number or a date.

The post counter only shows if you’re “in” the thread, i.e. if you’ve scrolled past the bottom, and you’re in the suggested topics part of the screen, it won’t show. If you’re at any post “in” the thread, it should be there.

I can click that and get a box to jump to post 325 of 639, but on my phone, the slider usually doesn’t appear. Sometimes it does, but not consistently. And it doesn’t work very well when it does appear.

(It works great on my laptop.)

And i don’t usually remember, "oh, that post from Urysohn was around post # 750. So jumping around doesn’t help me much.

In the meantime, feel free to ask a question! :wink:

Thanks. I have to hit it twice, which I think is what I’ve been missing - but that looks like it’s a function of my particular phone/browser. Hitting it once brings up the little “task bar”-type thing at the bottom of the browser. Once that’s up, hitting it again does what you describe.

I’ve got something in mind.

Is it alive?

1 - (YankeeTripper) Is it alive? No

can a person lift it off the ground

2 - (John.S.Mill) Can a person lift it off the ground? Yes

Would it be strange to find it in a random person’s house?

3 - (twig93) Would it be strange to find it in a random person’s house? No

Does it use electricity?

4 - (YankeeTripper) Does it use electricity? No

Does it use water