20 Questions Game2

Did she rule out a hot-air balloon? I guess those are usually commercial.

Except they are commonly used it cities.

Doesn’t mean they’re popular. I hated riding the school bus.

Common but perhaps not “popular to ride”?

Maybe a tractor, or some other type of farm equipment? Are there many large enough to walk in? If owned by the farmer, I don’t think twig would consider that “commercial”

Not official- Outlandish guess, but how about a tank?

The word “popular” is one that people can definitely interpret differently.

I am reminded of a spat between McDonalds and … I think it was Wendy’s.

Wendy’s fries beat McDonalds in a taste test, but McDonalds sells more fries than Wendy’s.

So Wendy’s had “America’s best tasting fries” while McDonalds had “America’s favorite fries” or something along those lines.

Anyway, I gave my interpretation of the word “popular”.

I’ll also add that I would consider a truck that a plumber or electrician drove to my house that had random crap in it that might or might not get used in the course of repairing or installing plumbing or electrical stuff… that would also be a commercial truck.

I realized that all of my earlier examples were primarily delivery in nature and that was inadvertent.

welp, if we lose we lose. Someone guess! or I will

I came late, not gonna use up the final guess.

IS IT A SCHOOL BUS?! (OFFICIAL :grimacing:)

1 - (soyleche) Is it alive? No.
2 - (Tiffany) Is it related to actuarying in some fashion? No.
3 - (Kerfluffles) Is it edible? No.
4 - (soyleche) Is it man made? Yes.
5 - (John.S.Mill) Is it created in the last 100 years? Yes.
6 - (soyleche) Would a normal person be able to lift it off the ground? No.
7 - (BruteForce) Is it bigger than a breadbox? Yes.
8 - (Tiffany) Can a person get inside it? Yes.
9 - (soyleche) Does it spend at least 80% of its time in one place? Probably not, but maybe.
10 - (John.S.Mill) Is it an appliance? No.
11 - (soyleche) Is it a vehicle? Yes.
12 - (John.S.Mill) Would an average person consider buying it for everyday use? No.
13 - (soyleche) Is it a car? No.
14 - (bwg) Can at least one person walk upright in it? Yes.
15 - (John.S.Mill) Is it a boat/RV? No.
16 - (Kerfluffles) Is this vehicle popular to ride in cities? Not usually.
17 - (Tiffany) Is it a plane? No.
18 - (John.S.Mill) Is it usually a commercial vehicle? No.
19 - (Kerfluffles) Is it an emergency vehicle? No.
20 - (Tiffany) Is it a school bus? Yes.

DING DING DING

Congratulations!

Good answer, good answer! [/family_feud]

1 Like

So the 100 years question gave me some pause. Apparently the first school busses were invented 107 years ago. But the question was “created” and I reasoned that any school bus in use today was designed and built much more recently. I definitely struggled with how to answer.

As Celalta said, most kids hate riding the bus, so I figured they’re not usually popular. (Except field trips.)

I estimated that they maybe get 1,800 hours of use a year, which is just slightly north of 20%…

And I found a somewhat detailed document explaining when school busses are and are not subject to commercial vehicle regulations (not when carting kids to/from school & associated activities) that made it sound like they are not usually commercial.

I tried to be honest & reasonable with my answers.

:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

BTW, I thought of it because I was stuck behind one the morning I guessed “shoes” (yesterday morning) so they were kind of on my mind I guess.

Tank was a good and interesting answer that fit all of the questions by my reckoning, but not what I was thinking of. :woman_shrugging:

Point of order: my question said “spot” and you changed it to “place”. Not sure how pedantic to be - but the a different spot in the same parking lot could be considered the same “place”, but not the same “spot”. Not sure how the parking of school busses works.

Granted, my question was mostly to determine if it was something like furniture…

For whatever reason, I thought the ability to calculate a % usage easily off hand gave weight to school bus.

1 Like

I apologize. I was interpreting “spot” and “place” interchangeably.

That said, I do think that school busses typically have “assigned parking” so I don’t think that would have impacted my answer.

Unless you want to say that the driver parked it an inch to the left yesterday compared to where they parked it today. But that’s pretty pedantic. Same parking space = same place = same spot in my mind.

In my town, most kids had to walk long distances, and when we qualified for the bus, we were all happy about it. That was a pretty small fraction of kids in the town. So I naively think of school buses as popular under any definition of “popular”. But I guess my experience is uncommon.

I completely agree with you about when they were created, and about them typically parking in the same spot every night.

Yeah, after I offered that clarification it occurred to me that this was a pretty big clue.

The usage of, say, a person’s yacht or a golf cart would vary tremendously from one to the next, whereas it’s probably much more uniform for a school bus.