20 Questions Game 19

Debating between asking if it’s from the Americas or if it’s Asian. Leaning towards Americas because of fork question.

I’m thinking a guy named Mayan is probably going in the Central American range on food. So I thought menudo originally but that more specialty Sunday brunch than dinner. For less common dinner tamales, enchiladas, moles, papusas could all be possible.

actually pho or ramen would most definitely be larger than an orange…

Good point!

Official: Is it from the Americas?

We eat ramen with a fork, even though we all know how to use chopsticks and use them for other things.

I’ve had menudo - but would you expect that most of the guessers have?

No, it sounds disgusting and we have access to many places who make it on sundays around us.

Another good point. We used to listen to the singing group in Spanish class, but I’d sort of forgotten that it was actually food.

Seems unlikely, whereas tamales or mole or enchiladas might be possible.

I’ve never heard of papusas and would guess that most GoAers haven’t tried them, whatever they are. (I’m curious now.)

But we should see what the answer is to the Americas question. Keeping in mind that Americas includes Canada. Poutine anyone?

I guess poutine isn’t really dinner. It’s more of an appetizer. So probably not poutine.

1. (Kat987) Is it alive? No
  2. (Lucy) Is it bigger than a breadbox? No
  3. (YankeeTripper) Is it mobile? No (3)
  4. (Lucy) Is it commonly found in a home? Yes (4)
  5. (Twig) Does it use electricity? No
  6. (JSM) Is it smaller than an orange? Not usually
  7. (Twig) Do the majority of homes in North America have this item? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it something you might intentionally eat or drink? Yes
  9. (Kat987) Does this item require multiple ingredients to make? Yes
  10. (JSM) Do white people commonly eat/drink this? No (10)
  11. (Twig) is it a beverage? No
  12. (Lucy) is it a type of food that you’d expect most of us, who are guessing, have eaten? Yes
  13. (Kat).If this item is on a restaurant’s menu, would we see it listed for dinner? Yes
  14. (Soy) is it vegetarian? Not usually
  15. (JSM) do you typically eat this with a fork? Yes
  16. (Twig) is the item generally considered to be foreign? Yes
  17. (Twig) is it Indian? No
  18. (Twig) Is it from the Americas? Yes

3 Such that a person/car/animal is mobile, but an ASM Study Manual is not mobile
4 Using the Given we are talking about item prior, would it be common to find it in a home definition
10 I answered this the following way: If I asked a random white person if they commonly ate/drank this, would more than 30% of randomly asked white people answer this question with a yes?

Delicious is what they are :drooling_face:

1 Like

Is it tamales?

1. (Kat987) Is it alive? No
  2. (Lucy) Is it bigger than a breadbox? No
  3. (YankeeTripper) Is it mobile? No (3)
  4. (Lucy) Is it commonly found in a home? Yes (4)
  5. (Twig) Does it use electricity? No
  6. (JSM) Is it smaller than an orange? Not usually
  7. (Twig) Do the majority of homes in North America have this item? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it something you might intentionally eat or drink? Yes
  9. (Kat987) Does this item require multiple ingredients to make? Yes
  10. (JSM) Do white people commonly eat/drink this? No (10)
  11. (Twig) is it a beverage? No
  12. (Lucy) is it a type of food that you’d expect most of us, who are guessing, have eaten? Yes
  13. (Kat).If this item is on a restaurant’s menu, would we see it listed for dinner? Yes
  14. (Soy) is it vegetarian? Not usually
  15. (JSM) do you typically eat this with a fork? Yes
  16. (Twig) is the item generally considered to be foreign? Yes
  17. (Twig) is it Indian? No
  18. (Twig) Is it from the Americas? Yes
  19. (Twig) Is it tamales? Yes

3 Such that a person/car/animal is mobile, but an ASM Study Manual is not mobile
4 Using the Given we are talking about item prior, would it be common to find it in a home definition
10 I answered this the following way: If I asked a random white person if they commonly ate/drank this, would more than 30% of randomly asked white people answer this question with a yes?

Congrats! And trying to decide if a tamale or an orange was bigger was really, really hard

1 Like

And sushi with a fork??? I had to restrain myself on commenting on that

And to whomever called out the Mayan recipe- this was based on a Mayan dish typically served on day of the dead. Pibipollo. Like a gigantic tamale.

Good point, I don’t eat sushi with a fork either! Glad I didn’t burn a guess on sushi.

So, um, I’ve thought of a thing, but I’m too dumb to figure out how to start a new thread that has all of the proper tags and such. I can see how to get to games, but this thread says something about 20 Qs and thread-games. How do I do that?!?!

Alternatively, feel free to just start asking in this thread and if Lucy gets annoyed I guess she can move it.

Actually, I think I figured it out. Standby…

Ok, new thread is here…